Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Re: Can't setup to use Text Messaging

Regular Visitor

I'm having this same problem and I'm listed as residential costumer so I don't understand either and I've even asked Comcast reps and I'm still not able to text on my smart phone if I web Comcast I can text just not from the connect app have any suggestions,thanks
Official Employee

Hi Robertp102, are you getting any errors or messages when trying to use the text feature on the Connect App?

Thank you

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

hi, I will show you what I get

IMG_1340.JPG
Regular Visitor

I'm a voice,internet and cable costumer so I really don't understand why I can't text on my smart phone or iPad because I can on my computer

Problem Solver

Just trying to be helpful and offer up some information that might help you out.  You might want to verify what type of residential voice service you have through Comcast.  As noted on the page https://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/phone/text-messaging-via-xfinity-mobile-app-and-xfinit... under the heading Get Started With Text Messaging, Step 4, "Text messaging is not included with the XFINITY Voice Unlimited Saver plan." So just make sure you don't have that particular form of residental service.

If you do have the correct type of residental voice service to qualify for texting, might want to review the information at https://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/phone/activate-voice-2go/ to verify that as far as the connect app goes you have gone through the activation steps so that it can allow you to make/receive calls and text from your cell phone/tablet.

Hope this helps you out.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation