Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

ROKU 2

New Poster

ROKU 2

ROKU 2: Is it possible to use my setup and connect my ROKU 2 using the xfinitywifi hotspot connection and not to my homenetwork? Because my parents don't believe in paying for TV or Internet Service when I visit them I haven't been able to watch tv, but now that Comcast offers xfinitywifi hotspot I thought if I were to purchase the ROKU 2 I would be able to connect to their neighbors xfinity hotspot using my xfinity hotspot credentials but I haven't been able to, does anyone know if it is possible and if so how do I set it up?

Problem Solver

Re: ROKU 2

km75 wrote:

ROKU 2: Is it possible to use my setup and connect my ROKU 2 using the xfinitywifi hotspot connection and not to my homenetwork? Because my parents don't believe in paying for TV or Internet Service when I visit them I haven't been able to watch tv, but now that Comcast offers xfinitywifi hotspot I thought if I were to purchase the ROKU 2 I would be able to connect to their neighbors xfinity hotspot using my xfinity hotspot credentials but I haven't been able to, does anyone know if it is possible and if so how do I set it up?

Buzzzzzzzzzzz, no can do. The Roku app only works when connected to your IN HOME Xfinity Internet service. From the first post of the Xfinity TV on Roku thread:

Can I take my Roku device to my friend’s house, or vacation home and access XTV Partner App – Roku Beta App?

• The Beta App provides access to your in-home Xfinity cable service only.

There are other ways to watch your content away from home, Xfinity TV app on Android and Apple, and the Xfinity TV portal through a browser. The browser option even allows casting or direct connection to TV sets through HDMI, provided your computer has an HDMI output port.