Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Not all DVR recordings show up in xfinitystream

New Poster

Not all DVR recordings show up in xfinitystream

I am trying to download recordings from my DVR but the videos I want don't show up on the site when I log in. I only see the 4 most recent recordings. All of the recordings before those 4 are available on my DVR, but not online.

This inquiry is not just for movies or episodes that I can find elsewhere, my son was in the Olympics and I need to save the recordings of his games. It's important that I can access these vids for download, not just on the DVR. I have a usb to usb and a hard drive to back them up on as well but it seems the usb port isn't active either? Help! 

New Poster

Re: Not all DVR recordings show up in xfinitystream

This is not just for online access from a desktop. The app on my phone only shows the same 4 recordings...

Service Expert

FamilyBand wrote:

This is not just for online access from a desktop. The app on my phone only shows the same 4 recordings...

are you by chance in the twin cities or Detroit area?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

No. Utah.

Service Expert

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread or via Private Message from a Comcast Official Employee.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Official Employee

Hello, FamilyBand. I would like to send some update signals to your X1 DVR to see if this helps resolve the issue. This would cause a brief interruption of service, when would be a good time to do so?

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

We are seeing a similar problem. Accessing saved DVR recordings using the TV and remote shows all our saved DVR recordings. But, accessing the DVR from upstairs using the laptop and our XFinity account only shows some of the DVR recoding list. The same partial list of saved recordings shows up on the laptop regardles of whether or not the TV downstairs is in use. This has not happend before.  How do we fix this? 

Official Employee

TCBra wrote:

We are seeing a similar problem. Accessing saved DVR recordings using the TV and remote shows all our saved DVR recordings. But, accessing the DVR from upstairs using the laptop and our XFinity account only shows some of the DVR recoding list. The same partial list of saved recordings shows up on the laptop regardles of whether or not the TV downstairs is in use. This has not happend before.  How do we fix this? 

The Cloud DVR holds up to 60 hours of recordings while the physical DVR holds over 100. Once your Cloud DVR fills up to 100%, the oldest recordings not marked as "Save for 1 year" will be permanently deleted from the Cloud DVR to make room for new shows (they may still be available on the physical DVR).

-ComcastDan

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

These did not answer my question and after spending hours on the phone, and reexplaining the scenarios to multiple "tiers" of employees, I was ultimately sent all the way up to the engineering department. I was told it was impossible to back up a recording from the DVR if it wasn’t on the cloud. The cloud service wasn’t activated on my account until after the recordings were made so this made them inaccessible.

They suggested that I either record my television set with a handheld camera or connect it to a DVD player/recorder to try and record it that way. (Which still may not work, they suggested searching youtube to see if someone had figured it out)

When I asked if I could just take the box in somewhere and have it done for me, I was told that it was my own responsibility to solve the problem. That they couldn’t do it for me.

In other circumstances this would be an irritating inconvenience, HOWEVER, when I purchased the service, I explicitly told the sales person the reason I was looking for a service. I wanted to record and save my son’s Olympic games and news spotlights.

To sell me a service that would not allow this, and then to tell me I need to now buy a DVD player or use a camera to save a lower resolution/low quality copy of the recording is ridiculous. I would have simply purchased a different service that would accomplish the task. I feel that I was falsely sold a service and am now being told to pay for it in time and money. 

I respect that a sales person may have misunderstood the product but I believe that is the responsibility of the company to resolve.

I still hope that Xfinity will take responsibility for this situation and resolve it, not pass it back to me, in order to show that they are a good faith company. Until then, I can’t recommend the service to others and I would warn other users to understand that the sales team may be under trained to make these important limitations clear.

New Poster

OK. Thnx for the reply.  So this leaves me with a related question:  What is Comcast's definition of "Out Of Home"? We occasionally use this laptop upstairs In The Home that the subscription is assigned to, yet we can only access the extremely limitited "Out OF Home" TV listings. I think we should be able to stream all TV chanels we subscribe to and pay for when using the laptop In The Home that the subscription is assigned to no matter what room In The Home we are using. Are we doing something wrong? 

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation