Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

New XFINITY TV update is horrible!

New Poster

New XFINITY TV update is horrible!

I watch a lot of TV online logged into my account via laptop and on the xfinity TV website. Since it's '' look'' was changed about 2 weeks ago the whole functionality of the site is gone with it. TV episodes were uploaded the next morning, sometimes the same night. Shows were organized by day of the week and the whole site had an easy to navigate flow. Now when you log in the home page never changes so you have to search for every show and episode, which takes days to go up after it airs sometimes. I don't understand how you can remove something that's working and replace it with a product that doesn't hold a candle to the old version. I have been a Comcast subscriber for 10years and it seems like there is always an issue somewhere. Just log into my account and look at the notes from just last month, it will take an hour to read through them! Comcast IT should have had a functioning page ready to go that was better then the one taken down, not worse. I feel like I should get a credit every month for the time spent on phone for tech support, billing issues and constant inconveniences.
Official Employee

Re: New XFINITY TV update is horrible!

chrism16 wrote:
I watch a lot of TV online logged into my account via laptop and on the xfinity TV website. Since it's '' look'' was changed about 2 weeks ago the whole functionality of the site is gone with it. TV episodes were uploaded the next morning, sometimes the same night. Shows were organized by day of the week and the whole site had an easy to navigate flow. Now when you log in the home page never changes so you have to search for every show and episode, which takes days to go up after it airs sometimes. I don't understand how you can remove something that's working and replace it with a product that doesn't hold a candle to the old version. I have been a Comcast subscriber for 10years and it seems like there is always an issue somewhere. Just log into my account and look at the notes from just last month, it will take an hour to read through them! Comcast IT should have had a functioning page ready to go that was better then the one taken down, not worse. I feel like I should get a credit every month for the time spent on phone for tech support, billing issues and constant inconveniences.

Please visit On Demand: TV (link in the main navigation) to find shows listed by day of the week. Thursday Night Shows were posted very early this morning. I'll share your feedback about the delay in posting recent episodes with out programming partners and editorial team.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

I agree with ComcastDan completely.  I have been watching TV on my work computer for years through the online service & since the update it is terrible.  Too many shows are not available for days or even a week after airing unless I'm on my home wifi.  What good is advertising all the on the go ability when your new software is limiting you to being on your home wifi.  Hardly on the go.

This service is part of my over priced package & is now much worse.  I've been forced to set my DVR to record more shows so I can watch at work, since there not available off my home wifi.  This was working as a work around, until today.  Now I find I can only record 4 shows at a time or record 3 & watch one.

Very dissatisfied customer.

Frequent Visitor

Sorry, I agree with chrism16, not ComcastDan.

Service Expert

falconut wrote:

I agree with ComcastDan completely.  I have been watching TV on my work computer for years through the online service & since the update it is terrible.  Too many shows are not available for days or even a week after airing unless I'm on my home wifi.  What good is advertising all the on the go ability when your new software is limiting you to being on your home wifi.  Hardly on the go.

This service is part of my over priced package & is now much worse.  I've been forced to set my DVR to record more shows so I can watch at work, since there not available off my home wifi.  This was working as a work around, until today.  Now I find I can only record 4 shows at a time or record 3 & watch one.

Very dissatisfied customer.

comcast is under contracts with providers of content that state when and for how long on-demand episodes may be delivered to customers. Additionally they can make some episodes only available in home or expire that in-home restriction over time. 

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

That's nice that you now have a different contract, but Comcast is still charging me the same as you did before.  Only I have less access to shows.  Why is it that you guys have no problem taking stuff away, but never reduce the price.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation