Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

My TV is no longer showing up in the Xfinity TV Remote iPhone/iPad App

New Poster

My TV is no longer showing up in the Xfinity TV Remote iPhone/iPad App

I can no longer change the channels on my iPhone/iPad or on http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv-listings.

Error on iPhone/iPad = "No eligilble TVs"

Error on http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv-listings = "No compatible cable boxes were found in your household."

I have an LG TV going through a Comcast box.

It has worked fine up until a couple days ago.

Service Expert

Re: My TV is no longer showing up in the Xfinity TV Remote iPhone/iPad App

ctasky wrote:

I can no longer change the channels on my iPhone/iPad or on http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv-listings.

Error on iPhone/iPad = "No eligilble TVs"

Error on http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv-listings = "No compatible cable boxes were found in your household."

I have an LG TV going through a Comcast box.

It has worked fine up until a couple days ago.

I would call 800-comcast and select billing and let them review your records. Be sure you are using the account 'username' listed on the X1 device menu (xFinity button >>gear(settings) >> my account >> Account Details screen). You log in with that username on the xfinity My Account App, too. on the my account app you can see all the equipment assigned to your account. If you have recently relocated the billing department can move the records back to the 'username' account if they were assigned to another account name due to the move.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Regular Contributor

I have the same problem. It worked fine last Friday morning and in the evening I got the 'no compatable cable boxes'.  Called Tech Support and they told me the problem was something to do with syncing the TV Remote App with the cable box.  Said it would be fixed in about an hour.  Called again on Saturday morning because I still had the problem. I was 'esclated' to a higher level and as of this morning it has not been fixed. Called this morning and was told 'they' are working on the problem.

Regular Contributor

The ability to use the TV Remote app to change channels has been fixed, at least for me. It re-appeared late last night for a short time and then went back to the 'no compatable cable boxes'. This morning it was working when I got up and has continuted to work properly since.

New Poster

I have the same problem and it worked fine about a week ago.

In addition, I can't search for or watch anything on the Xfinity TV Go app, which also worked fine a week ago.
Service Expert

Yerrfu wrote:
I have the same problem and it worked fine about a week ago.

In addition, I can't search for or watch anything on the Xfinity TV Go app, which also worked fine a week ago.

A comcast support person said the TVgo app is going away by end of september as all the functions have been added to the TV app.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Regular Contributor

Ok, the ability to use the TV Remote app was fixed after several days and a new version (3.0) was posted today.  Upgraded to the new version and back to the 'no eligible cable boxes' problem again.  Tech Support said is was a 'known issue' and being worked on.  If it's a known issue why in the heck did they release the app?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation