New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Movie Purchases

ANSWERED
Highlighted
New Poster

Movie Purchases

When I go try to load a purchased movie on the Beta X finity roku app it loads all of my 50 plus movies but then does not allow me to select any of them. The screen completely freezes and i get kicked out of the app. I have tried to re install the app with no success. It did work the 1st week the app came out. Many of the movies were very poor quality even though they were supposed to be HD and then after a week or so none of the movies would play at all at this point the app on my roku is useless as I only want to watch the movies I purchased when we were full xfinity tv customers. We have only broadband with e company. Please advise.
Accepted Solution

Re: Movie Purchases

Zjwest wrote:
When I go try to load a purchased movie on the Beta X finity roku app it loads all of my 50 plus movies but then does not allow me to select any of them. The screen completely freezes and i get kicked out of the app. I have tried to re install the app with no success. It did work the 1st week the app came out. Many of the movies were very poor quality even though they were supposed to be HD and then after a week or so none of the movies would play at all at this point the app on my roku is useless as I only want to watch the movies I purchased when we were full xfinity tv customers. We have only broadband with e company. Please advise.

I moved your post to the stream app area of the forum. The Roku is in a beta (testing) stage and the Roku use of the stream app is designed to work on a live account with a device in the customer's home connected to their home internet service. It is possible that later on the use you describe might be available but such use has not been discussed or described by Comcast, at least at this point. I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread or via Private Message from a Comcast Official Employee.

View answer in context
Service Expert

Zjwest wrote:

I moved your post to the stream app area of the forum. The Roku is in a beta (testing) stage and the Roku use of the stream app is designed to work on a live account with a device in the customer's home connected to their home internet service. It is possible that later on the use you describe might be available but such use has not been discussed or described by Comcast, at least at this point. I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread or via Private Message from a Comcast Official Employee.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Bronze Problem Solver

Zjwest wrote:

This may be your problem:

"During this Beta phase, due to technical limitations, customers using the XFINITY TV Beta app on Roku (other than Stream customers) can only use that app on secondary TV outlets and will need to have at least one Comcast-provided TV box in their home."

Source: https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Stream-TV-App/XFINITY-Stream-on-Roku/td-p/2834869

Official Employee

Hi Zjwest, the link and information that (mvenanzi) shared is correct regarding your issue. Please click on the link for more information. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation