Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Missing Channel on Xfinity TV app

New Poster

Missing Channel on Xfinity TV app

After having so many issues with this app since its upgrade to version 3.9, my latest problem with this app is the final straw.

I subscribed to your cable service only because my parents and I wanted to watch one Asian Channel (570 - GMA PinoyTV).  For one year we are all happy watching that channel thru Xfinity app all day everyday.  However starting yesterday (October 19), this channel is nowhere to be found in the TV app although it is still available in our DVR / Cable boxes. The other channels that came with the bundle that we subscribed to (Channels 569 and 570) are still available both in the app and in the boxes.

I called Tier 3 of your IT Team and they think that your cloud is not communicating effectively with the server / DVR box. How true is this?

We all watch that channel in our devices (tablet, cellphone and laptop) either as a live stream or thru recordings.  My parents are now complaining of this problem. If this doesn't get resolved soon, We are definitely switching to a new provider.

New Poster

Re: Missing Channel on Xfinity TV app

Correction: The other channels that came with the bundle that we subscribed to (Channels 569 and 571) are still available both in the app and in the boxes. My point is why am I not having problem with these channels?

Official Employee

brux wrote:

Correction: The other channels that came with the bundle that we subscribed to (Channels 569 and 571) are still available both in the app and in the boxes. My point is why am I not having problem with these channels?

Every channel is encoded (i.e. Turned into) an IP (internet) stream separately and can have outages independtly of one another. We actually have over 10,000 different IP streams across the country (each channel in each market unless they are national feeds such as CNN). I'm glad you reported it and hope that it gets resolved soon.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

It has been almost a month now and channel 570 is still not showing up / accessible in the Xfinity TV app, My Account app and XfinityTV website.  I make a follow up call almost everyday with a Tier 3 representative and so far the only update he can give me from your IT is that they are working on it.  ONE MONTH and it is still not resolved.  I have a feeling that not too much priority is given to this issue since it is not a US network and that only a few of us subscribes to this channel.

I will give Comcast until the end of this year to fix this issue, if not I will switch provider and at the same time I will file a complaint against Comcast with BBB and Consumer Complaint Center.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation