Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

MOBILE APP DOES NOT WORK WITH HOME SECURITY SYSTEM.

New Poster

MOBILE APP DOES NOT WORK WITH HOME SECURITY SYSTEM.

My mobile app stopped working. System is useless without it for my needs. My problem or yours?Tired of trying to fix it. Site said engineers are working on problem. When can I expect results. I have NO cell phone connectivity. I am sure all the customers in the same situation will receive a credit for a system that is not fully functionable. "Fit for Use".

Official Employee

Re: MOBILE APP DOES NOT WORK WITH HOME SECURITY SYSTEM.

Hi smo2 -

We are aware of an issue that is affecting the Xfinity Home Mobile App & Subscriber Portal.  Our engineers have been and continue to actively work on this issue. When resolved, App & Portal functionality will be restored & nothing will be needed to be done on your end.  I will provide updates to the pinned message at the top of this thread as they become available.  I apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Thanks,

Rachel

New Poster

At the very least we are owed some sort of notification that the system isn't functioning so we can plan accordingly and set the alarm before leaving the house — a text, email...something!

A simple notification would've changed my entire day, as I would've armed the system before leaving; instead I've been sitting at work all day freaking out my house is being broken into (which has happened several times) all because Comcast didn't give us any notice. This sort of non-communication is completely unacceptable to say the least when it comes to home security, the most important thing we pay for. It goes without saying.

I think it's time to look into an alternative home security option and luckily there are plenty out there who would provide proper notifications. The entire point of home security is to feel secure — yet this is inducing the opposite response.

Official Employee

Hi fiestaforever -

I apologize for the frustration that this has caused & understand your concerns. We’ve been able to restore service. If you’re still experiencing issues, please PM me, but we expect that users will regain functionality. We’re continuing to work the issue and will post an update if we encounter additional service interruptions.

Thanks,

Rachel

New Poster

I understand things happen and technology fails. It's simply the lack of communication that is unacceptable. When it comes to home security, notifying your customers is crucial and can be the difference between a safe home versus a burglarized one...as I know too well.

New Poster

Is this still down....very frustrating and makes the system totally useless in my opinion.

Is this issue still not resolved months later?

Official Employee

Hi wtraviswhite - 

The issue this thread refers to was resolved.  If you are experiencing issues currently, please let me know.

Thanks!

Rachel

New Poster

It continues to give a sign in error.  I have reset password multiple times and have unistalled/restalled app.  Any suggestions?

Official Employee

Hi wtraviswhite - 

I pulled up your account & need to private message you for some more information.

Thanks!

Rachel