members

topics

Known Issue 9/21: Error 403 on TV App *Fixed*

ANSWERED
Administrator
Administrator

Known Issue 9/21: Error 403 on TV App *Fixed*

*Update 9/22/2016 - 12:00 PM ET / 9:00 AM PT 

This issue should now be fixed for all platforms. 

*Update 9/21/2016 - 4:00 PM ET / 1:00 PM PT 

Xfinity TV iOS version 3.9.0 (R) was just released and is now available in the app store. This should be able to resolve any authorization problems on iOS devices, we are still working on fixes for other platforms. 

*Update 3:00 PM ET / 12:00 PM PT  
We have identified a server issue causing some of our customers to receive a 403 error in the XFINITY TV app. Our engineers are working to correct this issue but in the meantime, you should be able to sign out and sign back in to resume watching your programming. We apologize for the interruption this may have caused and will continue to update this thread when we receive more information.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Accepted Solution

Re: Unable to watch live content on moble devices

Xfinity TV iOS version 3.9.0 (R) was just released and is now available in the app store. This should be able to resolve any authorization problems on iOS devices, we are still working on fixes for other platforms. 

View answer in context
New Poster

Error code 403

Error code 403 xfinity go app
New Poster

Error 403 error

Over the past few days I keep getting an error 403 pop up when I go into the app. My recorded programs are not showing and nothing is in my downloads.

Please help.

Melissa
Problem Solver

Re: Error 403 error

I got it too. All my devices are gone
Sign in sign out
Regular Visitor

Unable to watch live content on moble devices

I'm in my home, and I just went to my iPad to watch the Giants game on CSNBA. I get a message saying "To watch channel 720, you'll need to connect to your home WiFi. The network that it shows me connected to is, in fact, my home wifi. I can see my recordings, but no channels are available for live viewing. My wife is having the same problem on her iPad, and I get the same result on my iPhone. We were able to watch last night's game just fine, so this is something that's happened within the past 24 hours.

Problem Solver

Try logging out, then back in. Comcast pushed some update that messed things up, and alot of users are having the same issue. Logging back in seems to work for many.

New Poster

I have the same problem.  Rebooting did not fix the problem. Even tried powering down the Ipad.  Really no great as the giants bull pen finally held out for the win.

Problem Solver

Advice was to LOG OUT of the app then LOG BACK IN, not reboot your device.

BobH52 wrote:

I have the same problem.  Rebooting did not fix the problem. Even tried powering down the Ipad.  Really no great as the giants bull pen finally held out for the win.

Administrator
Administrator

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Re: Known Issue 9/21: Error 403 on TV App *Update: 4:00 PM ET / 1:00 PM PT*

This caused us issues today and after deleting and reinstalling at least 4 times I called support.  My version is 3.9.0.653 and still having issues.  It is telling me that my recordings are 100% full, but on my X1 DVR it says 34% full.  It is letting me download shows that are showing in my recordings, but not all of the recordings are listed in the app.  When things work why can't they be left alone?  Everytime something is supposedly made better we have issues. 

New Poster

TV Remote from IPhone

Despite the post that states this matter is resolved, it is NOT. I have deleted the App x 4, downloaded a new one, and tried to use it, but it does not work. I have the most up to date version of iPhone OS.  Any help appreciated. RAH4

Service Expert

Re: TV Remote from IPhone

RAH4 wrote:

Despite the post that states this matter is resolved, it is NOT. I have deleted the App x 4, downloaded a new one, and tried to use it, but it does not work. I have the most up to date version of iPhone OS.  Any help appreciated. RAH4

I have 3 DVRs. the DVR space says 40% while cloud DVR says 62% full same number of recordings.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 10 in conversation