Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Intermittent Connectivity + Rep Issues

Frequent Visitor

Intermittent Connectivity + Rep Issues

So I've been experiencing intermittent connectivity issues since Monday (11/16/2015) and lost internet about an hour or so ago. Internet has since returned (albeit intermittently), but this is seriously messed up. I had already powered cycled my modem AND router OS (pfSense) TWICE before I called Customer Service on 11/16/15 regarding super slow connectivity (see attached CSV file at rows 10-15 (15 is early morning on 11/17/15)). First Tech powercycled it again (I have a Cisco DPC3941T which takes a good 5 minutes to complete start up and connect completely to your service after a reboot/powercycle and up to 7-8 after being off for a while which was back when I initially installed it). Second tech (because my verizon Cell phone lost the call due to a stupid app on the phone) claimed he powercycled the modem. NOPE! Turned Bridge Mode OFF and claimed he powercycled it. After I mentioned I now had no internet, he sends me to Wireless Gateway Support and Repair. I find out midway that 2nd tech had turned bridge mode off and went and fixed it, then rebooted both the Router OS and the Modem myself. My signal power levels were barely in the Maximum range at that time (only 3 of the 16 downstream channels were in that range (+11.2dBmV at highest)). Now, 5 of those same 16 channels are at +12dBmV or higher with 3 of those 5 at +12.2dBmV. No tech was ever offered to be scheduled regarding that and according to the tech I recently talked with today, because there's now an "outage" in my area, when that "outage" clears, all on-site tech appointments will be cancelled so I now have to call back later tonight. I'm really upset about this because "outage" is estimated to by fixed by 9PM CST which is just under 4 hours from now and I've been having issues since Monday PLUS that tech disabling bridge mode and not providing any clarification (he said reset and there are multiple types of reset such as reset to defaults, powercycle, and a few others) then throwing me onto someone else (luckily that person knew more than he did) because he didn't realize he broke my internet access completely himself. 

I want a Tech appointment scheduled ASAP so I can figure out if it's the building (I'm in an apartment), my modem (which I lease), or something else on your end.

Lucas Smith

P.S. SpeedTest.net is typically terrible at showing actual speeds and it uses flash anyways (I prefer HTML5 over Flash/Java hence speedof.me)

Problem Solver

Re: Intermittent Connectivity + Rep Issues

Veddy254,

I am sincerely sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you. I see that you spoke with a Representative regarding this issue, and have a technician scheduled for 11/23/15 between 12:00 PM-2:00 PM. Do you still need assistance?

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

I should be fine until the tech visits. I'd prefer this thread remains open until that finishes and I post an update regarding this issue, however.

Problem Solver

Veddy254,

That will be no problem. And yes please update us with the result of the technicians visit.

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation