Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Fox Sports 2 Go, Fox Sports North and Xfinity in Twin Cities

Contributor

Fox Sports 2 Go, Fox Sports North and Xfinity in Twin Cities

I keep hearing on the MN Twins games, that I am watching on my Xfinity home TV, that games are being stremaed on the Fox Sports 2 Go app.  When I open the Fox Sports 2 Go app, I see Fox Sports North channel but as soon as I log in as an Xifinity customer, Fox Sports North disappears.

I called Fox Sports North and they say that Comcast does not yet offer FOX Sports North streaming content. As a result, Comcast customers will be unable to stream FOX Sports North's Twins telecasts.

When I called Comcast/Xfinity, the rep said it was due to a major league baseball licensing agreement.  But I am not buying that - the Fox Sports North channel disappears meaning that ALL programing is gone - major league baseball, soccer, college baseball - nothing is available.

Can someone tell me why?  I mean, if I pay for the Sports package, what difference does it make if I watch Fox Sports North on my TV or my iPad?

Tim

Official Employee

Re: Fox Sports 2 Go, Fox Sports North and Xfinity in Twin Cities

ust82gopher wrote:

I keep hearing on the MN Twins games, that I am watching on my Xfinity home TV, that games are being stremaed on the Fox Sports 2 Go app.  When I open the Fox Sports 2 Go app, I see Fox Sports North channel but as soon as I log in as an Xifinity customer, Fox Sports North disappears.

I called Fox Sports North and they say that Comcast does not yet offer FOX Sports North streaming content. As a result, Comcast customers will be unable to stream FOX Sports North's Twins telecasts.

When I called Comcast/Xfinity, the rep said it was due to a major league baseball licensing agreement.  But I am not buying that - the Fox Sports North channel disappears meaning that ALL programing is gone - major league baseball, soccer, college baseball - nothing is available.

Can someone tell me why?  I mean, if I pay for the Sports package, what difference does it make if I watch Fox Sports North on my TV or my iPad?

Tim

Apologies. I can confirm that Fox Sports North availability from Comcast on Fox Sports Go is a business decision and deal with business terms that have not yet been agreed to between the parties.  Comcast does not currently have the streaming rights to Fox Regional Sports Network content at this time. 

We continue to work with Fox to obtain streaming rights for Fox Regional Sports Networks for our customers.

Thanks for your patience.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Contributor

Thanks.  While I don't like it, I really appreciate you coming on the forum to give me a clear answer.

Contributor

ComcastTeds,

I saw an article somewhere that Comcast and Fox Regional Sports have made headway in the licensing agreements to stream Major League Sports.  Can you confirm?  Does this help us in the Twin Cities with the Twins, Wild and Timberwolves?

Tim

New Poster

Comcast has reached a deal with the NHL as of a couple days ago and the same thing is happening to me as Tim, after I sign in the content I want to view goes away.  I have  Fox Sports North on my account which is the requirement.  Yesterday I tried to talk to Comcast and the support would not help and tried to say the website was down.  Same thing is happening today.  Any ideas?

http://www.foxsports.com/north/story/how-to-stream-minnesota-wild-games-fox-sports-go-faq-092616

Contributor

ComcastTeds

Can you give me an update on the Comcast Fox Regional Sports negotiations?  We were told at our franchise agreement renewal in April that it was anticipated that the agreement would happen this fall.  But still no go for me with hockey and basketball starting soon.

Sling TV is offering the regional channel (Fox Sports North) for $25/mo plus many of the other channels we watch.  That compares to the $200 per month I pay for premium acess with Comcast - and no stream for many channels.

Honestly, I am getting closer and closer to becoming a cord cutter... 

Official Employee

Jeff-2 wrote:

Comcast has reached a deal with the NHL as of a couple days ago and the same thing is happening to me as Tim, after I sign in the content I want to view goes away.  I have  Fox Sports North on my account which is the requirement.  Yesterday I tried to talk to Comcast and the support would not help and tried to say the website was down.  Same thing is happening today.  Any ideas?

http://www.foxsports.com/north/story/how-to-stream-minnesota-wild-games-fox-sports-go-faq-092616

Below from the link that you provided above. 

Will Comcast customers be able to stream Wild games?

Unfortunately, Comcast does not yet offer FOX Sports North streaming content. As a result, Comcast customers will be unable to stream FOX Sports North's Minnesota Wild telecasts. Customers who want to access the games should contact Comcast.

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Official Employee

ust82gopher wrote:

ComcastTeds

Can you give me an update on the Comcast Fox Regional Sports negotiations?  We were told at our franchise agreement renewal in April that it was anticipated that the agreement would happen this fall.  But still no go for me with hockey and basketball starting soon.

Sling TV is offering the regional channel (Fox Sports North) for $25/mo plus many of the other channels we watch.  That compares to the $200 per month I pay for premium acess with Comcast - and no stream for many channels.

Honestly, I am getting closer and closer to becoming a cord cutter... 

Apologies. I haven't heard anything new on this but will ask directly this afternoon. Thanks for your patience.   

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Regular Visitor

Still no regional Fox Sports stream available through Fox Sports Go or the Xfinity apps.  This is unacceptable given all the other major providers (and many, many minor players) are able to offer it. 

Contributor

I have given up on Comcast getting Fox Sports North available via the Fox Sports Go app.  SLING TV has it available on their Blue package for $25 per month.  I watched the Wild game Saturday night (home game) as part of thier free trial and it worked just fine.

So, I am going to simply cut the additional sports package out of my Comcast that I have been purchasing each month and use SLING instead for the regional sports - that way it will only be a net cost increase of ~$12 per month to me.

Really poor business decision on Comcast's part.  A very loyal customer (since 1986) was forced to find an alternative based on your inability to get this done.  Wonder how many more opporunities for cost savings I could find now that I started to look around????

New Poster

I'm pretty disappointed this hasn't been resolved. We only have cable mainly for the sports coverage and the inability to stream the games we want makes me think this will be our final year with Comcast.
Official Employee

All - thanks for your patience here. As you may have heard, Comcast customers will be able to authenticate Fox Sports Go starting in mid-February.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 5 in conversation