Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Folders on xfinity.com mobile app

Frequent Visitor

Folders on xfinity.com mobile app

When I enter new folders from the Xfinity Connect browser App they don't appear in the folders on my Xfinity mobile app.

Problem Solver

Re: Folders on xfinity.com mobile app

I was able to successfully create a new folder in the browser based email site of my email account area and see it in the connect app.  I used the instructions toward the bottom of the page at https://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/internet/xfinity-connect-advanced-features/ under the heading Create Personal Folders to create the new folder within the browser based email area.

After creating the folder, I went to my Android Smartphone, opened the connect app, made sure I was seeing the email screen, touched on my email address at the top to get the drop down menu to appear.  At this point my new folder initially did not appear.  I touched the screen and swiped downward in order to make it refresh and the new folder then appeared for me.  Just as additional information, in the connect app on my smartphone, when I go to the settings area in the upper right hand corner of the screen it is giving me version 6.3.1.

Hope this helps you out.

Ira

Frequent Visitor

I just tried it and the new folder I created in the web browser app does not show up in the mobile app, even with a refresh. I'm using an IPhone, would that make a difference? I also see version 6.3.1

Thanks

Tags (1)
Problem Solver

It is possible that the difference would be due to our different platforms, me on Android and you on the iOS iPhone.  I don't have an iPhone myself so I can't test it out first hand to know what to expect.  A couple of suggestions I do have is first try signing out of the app on your iPhone and then sign back in.  Could be that might allow it to show up as if things are cached then a standard refresh may or may not update such things as new folders.  The other thing I could suggest is after creating a new folder through the web browser to wait a bit and then do a refresh on the app on the iPhone as there may be some type of a time delay.

If neither one of those get your folders to showing up, the only other thing I could suggest is to contact Comcast support and let them know the issue you are having, specifically stating to them that you are on the iPhone and they may even need to know the version of iOS that your phone is running to help trouble shoot the issue further. 

Hope this helps,

Ira

Frequent Visitor

I got it to work. I used my laptop instead of my iPad to create the new folder in the web browser. The new folders now show up in the mobile app. Thank You for your help.
Tags (1)
Problem Solver

I am so glad to know that you have gotten the new folders created and showing up in the app.  Very strange that they would not show up when crated from the iPad but that is good information to know and glad you mentioned it so that any other users who come across this thread can be aware of what it took to make it work.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation