Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Favorite channels in Xfinity TV app ... when?

Regular Contributor

Favorite channels in Xfinity TV app ... when?

Appreciate the latest update to the Xfinity TV Remote app that synchronizes Favorites between the app and your DVR.  Very nice, but when are Favorites going to be added as an option in the Xfinity TV app, which I find myself using more frequently?

Contributor

Re: Favorite channels in Xfinity TV app ... when?

I also use the Xfinity TV app on Android. I know the "guide" button on the remote allows showing favorite channels, but the "guide" button is not on the app.

Official Employee

makoa2001 wrote:

I also use the Xfinity TV app on Android. I know the "guide" button on the remote allows showing favorite channels, but the "guide" button is not on the app.

Favorite channels will be coming to the XFINITY TV app soon. I can't give you an exact date but it is very high priority on the technical team's feature roadmap.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Its now December. When will the favorites option be added to the TV app. I spend an interminable amount of time going through the TV app guide that includes things I could care less about. For the money, none of xfinity is worth it if I can't easily get the information I want. I'd rather go back to the dark ages of an easy onscreen guide than apps that don't work.

Official Employee

Diana8 wrote:

Its now December. When will the favorites option be added to the TV app. I spend an interminable amount of time going through the TV app guide that includes things I could care less about. For the money, none of xfinity is worth it if I can't easily get the information I want. I'd rather go back to the dark ages of an easy onscreen guide than apps that don't work.

I'm sorry it is taking so long. The XFINITY TV Remote app has the Favorite Channels feature and it will be coming to XFINITY TV in a future release. Anything you set up in TV Remote will automatically appear in XFINITY TV when the feature is available (if you want to get a head start on setting them up).  They are also the same Favorite Channels on the X1 set-top box if you are an X1 subscriber. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Regular Contributor

ComcastDan wrote:

Diana8 wrote:

I'm sorry it is taking so long. The XFINITY TV Remote app has the Favorite Channels feature and it will be coming to XFINITY TV in a future release. Anything you set up in TV Remote will automatically appear in XFINITY TV when the feature is available (if you want to get a head start on setting them up).  They are also the same Favorite Channels on the X1 set-top box if you are an X1 subscriber. 

I was REALLY hoping that the recent iOS release (Dec 20, v3.11.0) would have added Favorites, either as a category under Live TV (like Sports, etc.) or as a Filter.  That was my first thought when I saw that the app had been updated. 

New Poster

Is there a way to set up your Favorites list more easily from https://tv.xfinity.com?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 5 in conversation