Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Expected update of Xfinity TV Remote app on Android

Problem Solver

Expected update of Xfinity TV Remote app on Android

Comcast, when can users expect an update to the Android version of the Xfinity TV Remote app. I see that the Apple version has been upgraded to version 3, while the Android version is stuck at version 2.1.

Apple version auto populates Favorite Channels directly from the X1 set-top box, not so for Android.

Apple version has an in-app DVR manager, Android a link to the old TV Go DVR Manager website which is now broken.

Android version can't even see listings beyond 3 hours from the current time.  When I use the groovy date control, I cannot select even the next day.  The only way I can see any future dates is to slowly swipe the data into view. Makes it kind of useless for programming my DVR.

Funny how with the retiring of the old TV Go website, you are pushing the use of the Xfinity TV Remote app, yet for us Android users we are stuck with a sub par, and broken experience.

Funny how Android is the most popular portable OS in the world, yet you decide to update the Apple version first. I see where your priorities are.

Service Expert

Re: Expected update of Xfinity TV Remote app on Android

HowAboutThisOne wrote:

Comcast, when can users expect an update to the Android version of the Xfinity TV Remote app. I see that the Apple version has been upgraded to version 3, while the Android version is stuck at version 2.1.

Apple version auto populates Favorite Channels directly from the X1 set-top box, not so for Android.

Apple version has an in-app DVR manager, Android a link to the old TV Go DVR Manager website which is now broken.

Android version can't even see listings beyond 3 hours from the current time.  When I use the groovy date control, I cannot select even the next day.  The only way I can see any future dates is to slowly swipe the data into view. Makes it kind of useless for programming my DVR.

Funny how with the retiring of the old TV Go website, you are pushing the use of the Xfinity TV Remote app, yet for us Android users we are stuck with a sub par, and broken experience.

Funny how Android is the most popular portable OS in the world, yet you decide to update the Apple version first. I see where your priorities are.

on my cheap $20 LG prepaid phone (i keep it on wifi/airplane mode) the listings with xfinity TV remote look ok and scroll quickly like the iphone. the 'calendar' icon at the top (looks like a stack of boxes in columns and rows) gives you a calendar to pick any date or now or cancel. Does yours show that? my droid version is 2.1.0.040

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Problem Solver

Rusty, I'm a computer programmer and have written Android apps, so I think I know how the Calendar function works. You must be looking at the Apple version. To open the Calendar you need to click the Day/Date in the upper left corner, and it opens the Calendar controls.

My issue is/was it took an inordinate amount of time to populate the next 10 days of data.  Then clicking some of the show links still leaves me with errors.

And yes my version is the same as yours.  Also, having a 1 hour view grid just blows. Also no indication that a show is NEW or REPEAT without having to click it. Too many steps to do something simple.

Screenshot_2016-09-28-20-12-41[1].png

Screenshot_2016-09-28-20-13-22[1].png

Screenshot_2016-09-28-20-22-43[1].png

Service Expert

HowAboutThisOne wrote:

Rusty, I'm a computer programmer and have written Android apps, so I think I know how the Calendar function works. You must be looking at the Apple version. To open the Calendar you need to click the Day/Date in the upper left corner, and it opens the Calendar controls.

My issue is/was it took an inordinate amount of time to populate the next 10 days of data.  Then clicking some of the show links still leaves me with errors.

And yes my version is the same as yours.  Also, having a 1 hour view grid just blows. Also no indication that a show in NEW or REPEAT without having to click it. Too many steps to do something simple.

Screenshot_2016-09-28-20-12-41[1].png

Screenshot_2016-09-28-20-13-22[1].png

Screenshot_2016-09-28-20-22-43[1].png

quote: Android version can't even see listings beyond 3 hours from the current time.  When I use the groovy date control, I cannot select even the next day.  The only way I can see any future dates is to slowly swipe the data into view. Makes it kind of useless for programming my DVR. <end quote>

sorry for the confusion i was responding to that paragraph. selecting the next day is easy using the calendar function.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Problem Solver

So I see Comcast updated the Android version of the Xfinity TV Remote app today (Oct 4, 2016). It must have been a rush job, because they took out one of its most valuable features - Favorite channels. So now this app is about as useless as the Xfinity TV app for programming the DVR. Why should I have to scroll through hundreds of channels I don't care about.  This was a half witted attempt to push something out the door for Android. Sure, it now has an in app DVR manager, but the Apple version auto downloads favorites from the set-top box for X1. Comcast you blow.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation