Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Error 500 Sign In to new TV Remote App

Regular Visitor

Error 500 Sign In to new TV Remote App

Error 500

I get the Error 500 when tryimg to Sign In to the new TV Remote app.  Using the Nexus 6P, Android App.

I have the regular DVR, actually two of them in house.  They are not the X1 units.

The new TV app works OK.

Do I need to upgrade to X1 units?  I don't see a channel numbers in the TV app, nor do I see a channel number with the online  PC website either.

I don't think any of my programs or app sees my dvr, no control or contact with the DVRs.

?????

Service Expert

Re: Error 500 Sign In to new TV Remote App

obeone wrote:

Error 500

I get the Error 500 when tryimg to Sign In to the new TV Remote app.  Using the Nexus 6P, Android App.

I have the regular DVR, actually two of them in house.  They are not the X1 units.

The new TV app works OK.

Do I need to upgrade to X1 units?  I don't see a channel numbers in the TV app, nor do I see a channel number with the online  PC website either.

I don't think any of my programs or app sees my dvr, no control or contact with the DVRs.

????? 

the home x1 equipment has nothing to do with the cloud DVR other than it can play programs on the cloud if the recording is not available on the physical DVRs.

500 you are geting is an error code to the server. you might try to login using your cell service instead of wifi or reverse it if cell won't let you log in. you can copy the url from the default browser that gave you the 500 and paste it to another browser on the device (like chrome/firefox/safari).

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Official Employee

obeone wrote:

Error 500

The new TV app works OK.

?????

If you don't see channel numbers in the Live TV section of the app, that likely means that you don't subscribe to XFINITY Internet, only TV. Comcast uses the home XFINITY network to unlock additional in-home only content (full channel lineup and all the On Demand you'd get from your TV service). Without the Internet, there is no way to know if you are in-home (we use the IP address of your connection to determine this). Therefore, we hide the in-home channels which you otherwise wouldn't be able to watch on the portal and XFINTIY TV apps.  You still have access to all the content that was available on the former TV Go website and apps, however. 

I'm stumped on the Error 500 from the TV Remote app. I have a Nexus 6P as well and it works great. Assume you've updated to the latest version? It is possible there was a temporary outage with one of the upstream services used for sign-in. Please try again and let me know.

Thanks,
ComcastDan

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Service Expert

ComcastDan wrote:

obeone wrote:

Error 500

The new TV app works OK.

?????

If you don't see channel numbers in the Live TV section of the app, that likely means that you don't subscribe to XFINITY Internet, only TV. Comcast uses the home XFINITY network to unlock additional in-home only content (full channel lineup and all the On Demand you'd get from your TV service). Without the Internet, there is no way to know if you are in-home (we use the IP address of your connection to determine this). Therefore, we hide the in-home channels which you otherwise wouldn't be able to watch on the portal and XFINTIY TV apps.  You still have access to all the content that was available on the former TV Go website and apps, however. 

I'm stumped on the Error 500 from the TV Remote app. I have a Nexus 6P as well and it works great. Assume you've updated to the latest version? It is possible there was a temporary outage with one of the upstream services used for sign-in. Please try again and let me know.

Thanks,
ComcastDan

the new versions of the app do not authenticate (user/pass) inside the app, they open a web page on the default web browser for the device. the 500 error code is an error the web page is reporting Here is the explanation of the 500 code.  I'm curious to see if the use of cell to login fixed the issue as I had that 500 error too when one of the recent updates made me log back in again (via web page).

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Regular Visitor

• Hello, ComcastDan, yes on the PC problem, your explanation is correct, I am not using xFinity Internet but another ISP, so can understand why I am not seeing the additional features.

Rustyben, I did try and use my smartphone 4G and still get the same error.  

The previous Remote app used to work OK, just used to have problems every now and then being able to change channels, up until the end, when the old app channel change capability stopped all together, just before this new TV Remote App came out.

I have tried to remove and reinstall this new TV Remote App, but still the same Error 500.

My Nexus 6P is up to date, and I am using Fi network, but the Error 500 happends both in WiFi and cell Fi networks.

Frequent Visitor

Same problem here, Nexus2013 7".  I installed this app yesterday. TV app runs.

No X1. No DVR. Xfinity internet.

Service Expert

greenstick wrote:

when you run the xfinity TV app does the option for on-demand show up in the menu? (icon looks like a stack of paper)

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Regular Visitor

Still having the problem here, too.

I had an older Nexus 7 1st edition, and still had the old version 2.1.0.040 on it.  It works verry well, can locate and controll both DVRs.  The channel changes well.

I extracted an APK file and loaded it back on my Nexus 6p and it works very well.  I will be able to re-install if accidentally upgraded to 3.0.  I attached the file, if admin doesnt approve, then please remove.

Will try and upgrade to the newest 3.0 when working will keep using, but this older version has the function needed.

p.s., doesn't look likeI can upload an APK here, if anyone wants the file I can send or upload it somewhere.  The APK, this version, is available for download online.  This version was from Play Store and axtracted from my device.

Frequent Visitor

After entering the password the next page has the menu symbol in the upper left but it is not operational as the error pop-up occurs immediately. Error 500, Cancel returns to the splash page.

Rustyben wrote:

greenstick wrote:

when you run the xfinity TV app does the option for on-demand show up in the menu? (icon looks like a stack of paper)

Regular Visitor

Wierd, but, recently I lost the ability for the old app to update, the listings would no longer display/update, so I tried updating to the new TV Remote app again, and all works great, on all devices again.

Service Expert

greenstick wrote:

After entering the password the next page has the menu symbol in the upper left but it is not operational as the error pop-up occurs immediately. Error 500, Cancel returns to the splash page.

Rustyben wrote:

greenstick wrote:

try a different browser? I use chrome.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

I'm having the same issue. I just downloaded the TV Remote App from the Google Play store. I have a Samsung Galaxy S5. Comcast cable service and DVR. I can't log on to my account through the app. I'm getting the Error 500 message too. In the past, I was able to schedule DVR recordings remotely through the Comcast website. That no longer appears to be an option. Since this app doesn't work either, there is no way to schedule DVR recordings remotely any more.
Official Employee

PotomacTrails wrote:
I'm having the same issue. I just downloaded the TV Remote App from the Google Play store. I have a Samsung Galaxy S5. Comcast cable service and DVR. I can't log on to my account through the app. I'm getting the Error 500 message too. In the past, I was able to schedule DVR recordings remotely through the Comcast website. That no longer appears to be an option. Since this app doesn't work either, there is no way to schedule DVR recordings remotely any more.

I'm sorry you're having trouble but I think I can help. Please create a Comcast username and try signing in through that:

https://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/GettingStarted/AccountBilling

I've been noticing a pattern that most customers experiencing this issue are using what we call internally "bill payer only" credentials. I see that you're email address is from Yahoo and suspect you may be in that situation. For some reason, the new app isn't as forgiving as the old one was in this respect. 

Please report back if that worked for you.

Thanks,

ComcastDan

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation