Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Error 3338

New Poster

Error 3338

Ok I just want to know what the problem or better yet what is the fix. Your adds and sales people say to get Comcast because of their great apps. Well I travel a good bit and I was told to get Xfinty to go app and you can watch all of you favorite programs while you travel. I get to my motel and find out you can not get your favorite programs when you hook it to the tv at motel, you get Error 3338 onthe screen instead you have to watch on the small iphone screen. When I got home I tried it there and same thing. When are you going to fix? If not quit trying to sell this feature. I guess I am going to have to fine something else like apple tv or amazon. I know other people who say they us it and it works.

Service Expert

Re: Error 3338

Nevko wrote:

Ok I just want to know what the problem or better yet what is the fix. Your adds and sales people say to get Comcast because of their great apps. Well I travel a good bit and I was told to get Xfinty to go app and you can watch all of you favorite programs while you travel. I get to my motel and find out you can not get your favorite programs when you hook it to the tv at motel, you get Error 3338 onthe screen instead you have to watch on the small iphone screen. When I got home I tried it there and same thing. When are you going to fix? If not quit trying to sell this feature. I guess I am going to have to fine something else like apple tv or amazon. I know other people who say they us it and it works.

you can use a laptop to do what you want to do. the networks (providers/producers) do not allow comcast to send to a TV screen. They restrict that function in the license. 

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

OK put I do not like it! I do not have laptop on the road.Is their some way I can take this further with providers?

Service Expert

Nevko wrote:

OK put I do not like it! I do not have laptop on the road.Is their some way I can take this further with providers?

You can always contact @ComcastCares via twitter but IMO it is unlikely this will change quickly but only will change as the providers lose 'eyeballs' watching their programs (aka ratings and money they earn from advertisers).

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation