Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Downloaded movies

New Poster

Downloaded movies

I am stuck in St Lucia during a hurricane. No sat tv, no cable, and the internet is not good enough to live stream. So I spent about $45 in add on data to my phone plan just so I could download some movies to watch and keep some sanity. However, when I plug my phone in to my larger TV to watch the videos on a larger screen, I get told that due to licensing it can't be payed on this device. I did not download all this and waste that money so I could watch it all on a 3" phone screen. I hope there is an easy solution.
Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Downloaded movies

Sltwtrhick wrote:
I am stuck in St Lucia during a hurricane. No sat tv, no cable, and the internet is not good enough to live stream. So I spent about $45 in add on data to my phone plan just so I could download some movies to watch and keep some sanity. However, when I plug my phone in to my larger TV to watch the videos on a larger screen, I get told that due to licensing it can't be payed on this device. I did not download all this and waste that money so I could watch it all on a 3" phone screen. I hope there is an easy solution.

Sorry, no solution, comcast doesn't allow mobile to tv.

New Poster

Can I at least transfer or access them from a larger iPad? Without downloading them again?
Bronze Problem Solver

Sltwtrhick wrote:
Can I at least transfer or access them from a larger iPad? Without downloading them again?

Nope, once they're on the mobile you can only watch on the mobile, no way to transfer or cast to another device.