Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Discrepancy between Cloud DVR and App

Frequent Visitor

Discrepancy between Cloud DVR and App

My app always shows at least 20% more full than the app. Right now by box shows 37% full but the app says 62%.  If the app hits 99%, even if the box says 60%, my DVR will start deleting shows as if it is full. It is a real pain during 'busy' TV season when I can't always keep the app showing low enough.  Can there be ghosting recordings on the app that I can't see? 

Problem Solver

Re: Discrepancy between Cloud DVR and App

Cloud DVR has a 60 hour capacity while your physical DVR is 100+ hours (depending on HD/SD and compression, etc.).

You can learn more here:

https://www.xfinity.com/support/cable-tv/x1-dvr-cloud-technology-general-faqs/

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Why would they do it that way? If they're not equal storage amounts one will run out and start deleting to make room while the other still has plenty of space.  It doesn't make sense.

Expert

hrtgoeson wrote:

Why would they do it that way? If they're not equal storage amounts one will run out and start deleting to make room while the other still has plenty of space.  It doesn't make sense.

the cloud DVR is a free add-on to the benefit of having a home DVR (or more). Comcast could force the home DVR to hold only 60 hours but I would not like that at all. There are some devices (sling TV) that allow you to stream from your home to a remote device, but that is not supported by Comcast.