Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Different programming on app channel vs x1 channel???

Contributor

Different programming on app channel vs x1 channel???

To anyone who can help:

I get a cbs channel out of Philadelphia. It is secondary for me as the main CBS in our area comes from Harrisburg, but we've been getting the CBS out of Philadelphia for many many years, as long as I can remember. Well I have a Roku with the xfinity stream app in a different room in the house. Trying to watch an NFL game that's currently on that channel on my X1 box but on the app it's showing infomercials from ABC in Harrisburg??? I then tried the app on my iPod and checked the same channel to see if it's doing the same problem thing and it is. That game is only being shown on my tv with the X1 box, the xfinity stream app is showing different programming for that channel. Can anyone tell me why this is happening? If I were to speculate I would say since this is a secondary CBS in our market perhaps it has something to do with permissions/entitlements for this channel to be streamed in this area? I don't know, just a guess on my part lol. Thanks to anyone who can help.

Jonathan
Service Expert

Re: Different programming on app channel vs x1 channel???

jmar76 wrote:
To anyone who can help:

I get a cbs channel out of Philadelphia. It is secondary for me as the main CBS in our area comes from Harrisburg, but we've been getting the CBS out of Philadelphia for many many years, as long as I can remember. Well I have a Roku with the xfinity stream app in a different room in the house. Trying to watch an NFL game that's currently on that channel on my X1 box but on the app it's showing infomercials from ABC in Harrisburg??? I then tried the app on my iPod and checked the same channel to see if it's doing the same problem thing and it is. That game is only being shown on my tv with the X1 box, the xfinity stream app is showing different programming for that channel. Can anyone tell me why this is happening? If I were to speculate I would say since this is a secondary CBS in our market perhaps it has something to do with permissions/entitlements for this channel to be streamed in this area? I don't know, just a guess on my part lol. Thanks to anyone who can help.

Jonathan

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread or via Private Message from a Comcast Official Employee.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Official Employee

Hi, jmar76 - The Live TV for your cable box and app are going from two different feeds. Based on your location, it's definitely should be the Harrisburg lineup. However, before I look into this issue deeper, I noticed serious issues with the upstream signal for your account. Are you experiencing any other issues with your service? Slow internet connection, remote has a delay with responding, cannot change channels? 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Contributor

Thanks very much for your reply. There have been some intermittent issues but nothing so major that I felt I needed to contact the company about it yet. But yeah, the CBS out of Philadelphia is a secondary one for us and since I knew the primary one for Lebanon is Harrisburg, I just figured it probably had to do with permissions/entitlements and that's why the app ended up showing something different for that channel than the X1 box was showing, specifically because it was an out of market NFL broadcast. But if you find that I was wrong about this yeah I'd appreciate it if you could let me know. And thank you very much for taking the time to look into this.

Jonathan
Official Employee

@jmar76 -  I can submit a request to doublecheck my findings. This is definitely not a problem for me. However, I'm afraid the engineering team is going to address your RF signal issues before even checking the lineup issue. 

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Contributor

I understand what you're saying. As far as the RF issues go, things are working well enough at the moment but if we start to have serious problems with our service we'll call in or talk to someone online to troubleshoot. As far as the signal issues go, I used to work for Comcast myself so I have a relatively good idea what I believe is causing them, just not prepared to deal with that at this point but hopefully soon. Thanks again and have a great day.
Official Employee

@jmar76 - Thank you! If you get any further issues - feel free to reach me and my team. We are always happy to help. Have a wonderful day!

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation