Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

DVR recordings no longer available

Frequent Visitor

DVR recordings no longer available

I had been able to watch recordings on my Android devices with no problem for many months. I now get messages that say "you have no completed recordings... yet". I can watch a show that is currently being recorded by opening the "scheduled" tab (where the program is visible). Once a recording is completed I can no longer access it on the TV app. I have uninstalled and reinstalled and had all hardware checked by Comcast serviceman. Any ideas?
Bronze Problem Solver

Re: DVR recordings no longer available

Drew67w wrote:
I had been able to watch recordings on my Android devices with no problem for many months. I now get messages that say "you have no completed recordings... yet". I can watch a show that is currently being recorded by opening the "scheduled" tab (where the program is visible). Once a recording is completed I can no longer access it on the TV app. I have uninstalled and reinstalled and had all hardware checked by Comcast serviceman. Any ideas?

Which app?

Expert

Drew67w wrote:

Is it true you have no other recordings on the cloud? I just started a recording as a test and then played it back while recording is in process. (I'm in the home on home internet). It played fine. 

Frequent Visitor

XFinity TV app, not TVgo.

Frequent Visitor

Just tried the same thing at home. Same message.

Bronze Problem Solver

Drew67w wrote:

Can you watch recordings using your cable box?

Expert

Drew67w wrote:

might help us to follow the issue(s) if you hit 'quote' square and then type where the cursor is blinking under the previous text.

beginning anew: You previously stated using an android device. can you go into your settings app >> wifi >> check to see the name you are using (called an SSID). is that your home network as oppsed to for example using the hotspot xfinitywifi ?

Problem Solver

Rustyben wrote:

Drew67w wrote:

might help us to follow the issue(s) if you hit 'quote' square and then type where the cursor is blinking under the previous text.

beginning anew: You previously stated using an android device. can you go into your settings app >> wifi >> check to see the name you are using (called an SSID). is that your home network as oppsed to for example using the hotspot xfinitywifi ?

Shouldn't matter Rusty, recordings list will be available regardless of what network the user is on. OP is just not seeing the recordings in the list.

Expert

HowAboutThisOne wrote:

Rustyben wrote:

Drew67w wrote:

Shouldn't matter Rusty, recordings list will be available regardless of what network the user is on. OP is just not seeing the recordings in the list.

just going step by step. be sure internet working, that parental controls not set to lock out the user, etc.

Frequent Visitor

Rustyben wrote:

Drew67w wrote:

It is my home network.

Frequent Visitor

Rustyben wrote:

HowAboutThisOne wrote:

Rustyben wrote:

Drew67w wrote:

just going step by step. be sure internet working, that parental controls not set to lock out the user, etc.

Internet is working. Parental controls are off.

Frequent Visitor

Drew67w wrote:

Rustyben wrote:

HowAboutThisOne wrote:

Rustyben wrote:

Drew67w wrote:

The "Recordings" tab does tell me how full the DVR is, and when I tap the status bar for how full the DVR is, it tells me how many recordings I have and how many are scheduled.

Frequent Visitor

Drew67w wrote:

Drew67w wrote:

Rustyben wrote:

HowAboutThisOne wrote:

Rustyben wrote:

Drew67w wrote:

The "Recordings" tab does tell me how full the DVR is, and when I tap the status bar for how full the DVR is, it tells me how many recordings I have and how many are scheduled.

When I go to TV.XFINITY.com it's the same problem. Just keeps searching when I tried to open recordings. This is on a Windows 10 desktop.

Bronze Problem Solver

Drew67w wrote:

Does you app menu look like this? If not, whats different?

Untitled.jpg

Frequent Visitor

mvenanzi wrote:

Drew67w wrote:

Untitled.jpg

yes, it looks just like that

Bronze Problem Solver

Drew67w wrote:

mvenanzi wrote:

Drew67w wrote:

yes, it looks just like that

Sounds like you need help from comcast, try send a PM to ComcastDan or you could call in