Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

DVR Recordings Won't Download To TV APP

Frequent Visitor

DVR Recordings Won't Download To TV APP

I have tried on numerous occasions to download my recorded shows from my X1 box to my Tv App on my IPhone with very little success. If someone could please help me I would really appreciate it. The few times that I've been able to download load any recordings they either don't play all the way, they loop, they freeze and I have to use the slider to advance or it just keeps restarting from the beginning. Recently I haven't been able to get anything to download. The progress bar stutters at 0%, it says it can create a file, it automatically puts it into the queue even when it's the only item being downloaded or the progress bar will get between 50 to even 100 and restart. I've signed out plenty of times and logged back in on all devices, powered everything off and back on (IPhone, IPad, Mac, X1, Modem) as well as uninstalled then reinstalled the app and nothing has worked. I contacted Xfinity customer support who had me do the same but I'm still having the same problem. I was hoping someone has experience this and has found a solution. Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.
Official Employee

Re: DVR Recordings Won't Download To TV APP

ADORE_1069 wrote:
I have tried on numerous occasions to download my recorded shows from my X1 box to my Tv App on my IPhone with very little success. If someone could please help me I would really appreciate it. The few times that I've been able to download load any recordings they either don't play all the way, they loop, they freeze and I have to use the slider to advance or it just keeps restarting from the beginning. Recently I haven't been able to get anything to download. The progress bar stutters at 0%, it says it can create a file, it automatically puts it into the queue even when it's the only item being downloaded or the progress bar will get between 50 to even 100 and restart. I've signed out plenty of times and logged back in on all devices, powered everything off and back on (IPhone, IPad, Mac, X1, Modem) as well as uninstalled then reinstalled the app and nothing has worked. I contacted Xfinity customer support who had me do the same but I'm still having the same problem. I was hoping someone has experience this and has found a solution. Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.

I'm sorry you are having trouble. Customers in the Detroit and Twin Cities areas are experiencing a large number of corrupted recordings. Cloud DVR recordings are separate from those on your physical DVR.  If the original recording is corrupted, the download will fail.  I strongly suspect that you would see issues with these specific recordings if you tried to stream them as well (instead of downloading). Nothing you do with the app (signing out, etc.) will solve this since the source file is bad. 

Some customers have reported that it is more common to see issues on your local broadcast networks as opposed to cable networks. The Cloud DVR team is aware and working to resolve (adding more hardware and optimizing the software configuration). The latest I heard is that they expect to have it fixed on or before 2/24.  Again, sorry for the issue.

-ComcastDan

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Thank you so much for your response. Initially I was experiencing it on my local channels but now I'm unable to record anything of them. I'll be patient and wait until the 24th an see if that fixes the problem. Thanks again
New Poster

Any update on this? Very frustrating that it has not worked for the last month....
Frequent Visitor

It's been longer than a month for me with these issues. As of today I still can't download anything. They said there should be an update to the software on February 24th. I really hope that it's true because I've been paying for this service just to have the ability to download shows from my DVR to watch offline and have not yet had the opportunity to take advantage of that feature. So frustrating and discouraging....
Regular Visitor

I am in the Twin Cities and am still having the exact same problem. What's the status?
Frequent Visitor

Nothing had changed. If there were any updates I'm unaware of them because I'm still having the same issues. I've contacted the X1 department a few times and have been instructed to uninstall/install the app, logout and log back in etc... Nothing has worked I've just about given up trying to get assistance with this and feel like the only thing let to do is wait until it fixes itself.
Service Expert

there has been a few month long problem in the twin cities area with corrupt Cloud DVR recordings. No ETA announced 

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Same here in Detroit. Comcast Dan said that they were suppose to add more hardware and optimize the software on or before Feb 24th but I'm not sure if they did because I'm still having the same problems.
New Poster

Been having the same problem since February in Utah!
Service Expert

Adybaby wrote:
Been having the same problem since February in Utah!

Utah is not an area that reports issues with this often. Are you using an iOS device? Is it running most recent iOS 10 version? Are you running the up-to-date version of the stream app?

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Frequent Visitor

Is there an estimated time when this problem is due to be fixed. It's like they've forgotten about us. We are paying for a service that we are unable to take full advantage of. I can record a 30 min show or a movie that's on demand but that's not what I want. I would like to be able to download the shows I have recorded on my cloud dvr. They know that this is and has been an ongoing issue but continue to charge us for a service we are not receiving, provide us with no compensation and providing no solution to a problem that has been ongoing for waaaaaaaaay too long.
Regular Visitor

Still an issue in Twin Cities.
Frequent Visitor

No change here in Detroit. They said it would be fixed Feb 2017. Still waiting...
Frequent Visitor

FINALLY!!!! Been working for the past week. Hope it continues. Thanks for the fix!
New Poster

Mine is not working at all. I’ve been trying to download two movies from HBO and can’t get past 25% before it restarts at zero. It takes hours just to get to 25%. Have done ALL the reboot, delete/reinstall, etc. still nothing.
Service Expert

Bullittgal wrote:
Mine is not working at all. I’ve been trying to download two movies from HBO and can’t get past 25% before it restarts at zero. It takes hours just to get to 25%. Have done ALL the reboot, delete/reinstall, etc. still nothing.

are you downloading a recording or on-demand? 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Service Expert
Moved:

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 17 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 8 in conversation