Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Connect duplicates outbound texts!

Contributor

Connect duplicates outbound texts!

I love the Connect app. BUT it is causing some very big headaches with duplicate text messages.

This has been going on since day one of using Connect app. I just didn't know it until people started complaining and showed me their devices.

My text messages will duplicate themselves up to a dozen times, often hours and even days apart.

I've three devices so it's not my device's fault. I've lollipop, marshmallow, and nougat devices and it does it on ALL of them.

Does anyone know what the problem could be and how to solve it?

It's becoming very embarrassing and annoying.

Thank you, in advance! ☺
Frequent Visitor

Re: Connect duplicates outbound texts!

I've also had the same issue since day 1 of using the xfinity connect app.

Did you ever find the solution?

Contributor

Re: Connect duplicates outbound texts!

No, I've not and the problem has actually escalated to the point that 2 persons have blocked my texts.

One of those persons is my Physician.

I've no idea what to do and have given up calling Comcast/Xfinity as every single person gives a different answer (but that's been true of EVERYTHING I ask for assistance with).

Their support is quite poor. I don't think their Representatives receive training.

Usually here, in the forum, someone will know answers but I guess no one can figure this one out.

😠
Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation