Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Can not authorize stream app on Roku

Frequent Visitor

Can not authorize stream app on Roku

I was enjoying the Stream Beta App on multiple Roku TV’s for a few weeks (new to Comcast), then it required authorizing again and I can not. Message says I can only stream on Xfinity wifi, which I am, and was. Works only on iOS. A little help?
Expert

Re: Can not authorize stream app on Roku

barrett284 wrote:
I was enjoying the Stream Beta App on multiple Roku TV’s for a few weeks (new to Comcast), then it required authorizing again and I can not. Message says I can only stream on Xfinity wifi, which I am, and was. Works only on iOS. A little help?

check your Roku's wifi connection SSID, i must be set to the 'home' wifi not the guest xfinitywifi SSID. Also, run the Xfinity My Account app and look at the internet tab and compare the serial number shown with your actual home gateway serial number. 

Expert
Moved:

Expert

barrett284 wrote:
Rustyben,
I am on home ssid, but my account shows an incorrect serial number I dont know where that came from. My Arris serial is <personal information removed from post>
Can you fix this?

I had to remove the original post due to public display of serial number. call 800-comcast and select billing and let them update the serial number. that will fix the problem. ask them if you like, when the serial number on your file now was changed to that number.