Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Called customer service to cancel

ANSWERED

Called customer service to cancel

I've had amazingly horrible experiences with Comcast for the past two years. The first time I contacted them to have my equipment sent to me by the week I moved into this apartment, I didn't receive the equipment until more than a month later. Comcast then tried to charge me for the month, though records showed I hadn't received my modem. Next, I spent half an hour waiting for customer service on more than one occasion trying to sort out various problems. Most recently I called to cancel. The rep said I needed to call a different number, but she would transfer me. She told me to press 3 and then 1 to get to the option I needed. Too bad the number she switched me to was 'out of service'. I upgraded my account because of the massive amount of calls I got regarding an upgrade. I originally only had Internet, and the reps continued to tell me, my new service would only be $10 more. Turns out service is actually $40 more. Plus, I haven't even watched cable since I've had it. I only watch HBO and even then I stream from my mobile devices to chromecast with the Go app because of the bad picture quality I get from the box. I don't want to pay for bad service, so I am ready to cancel both the cable AND Internet. Pay $15 for the HBO Now app, and just use my Verizon data. I'll pop over to the local office return all equipment, and demand both my receipts and notice of cancellation
Accepted Solution

Re: Called customer service to cancel

Hello Jaz_dislikes_co,

The most expedient way is to go through with your original plan to visit a store and return the equipment.

View answer in context
Problem Solver

Hello Jaz_dislikes_co,

I certainly apologize that you feel you have had a less than exemplary experience with our customer service. We certainly do not wish to lose you as a valued Comcast customer.  I will be more than happy to get you a package you are comfortable with. Please reach out if you want me to work with you.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

I do not want to switch, I don't want Comcast anymore. I've put up with this for a year and a half. I'm done. I just wish it were easier to cancel.
Problem Solver

Hello Jaz_dislikes_co,

The most expedient way is to go through with your original plan to visit a store and return the equipment.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation