Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Bad Image errors for DLLs when running wifi app on Windows 10

New Poster

Bad Image errors for DLLs when running wifi app on Windows 10

The Xfinity wifi app used to work perfectly on my Windows 10 laptop. But over the past week or so, it keeps giving me two Bad Image errors, one stating that SMEvent.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error, and the second saying the same thing about Authentication.dll. (Attached are screenshots of the errors.) I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling multiple times (and yes, I install it from the Laptop>Windows 10 tab of https://wifi.xfinity.com/connect-devices.php), and reinstalling worked briefly before I got this error again. I'm running Windows 10. What has changed to make this app no longer work on my computer, and how do I fix it? (Again, it worked just fine for several months, until a week or so ago. Windows 10 has had several patches/updates since then; I'm on the latest. I can't say for sure whether this problem began after a particular Windows update.)

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation