Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

too many norton users/devices registered

Posted by
New Poster
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 4

i bought a new laptop and went to down load Norton and it told me i had too many registered devices to delete one or more. where can i find out the devices i have registered?

3 REPLIES
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 2 of 4

Hi berk92! 

There are a few ways that you can see the devices added to your Norton subscription:

First using the Norton security suit( Norton 360), when you opened Norton security on the right side top do this:

Click Help> My Norton> Devices( after being on the website, this should log you in with your xfinity email primary to manage the devices that are registered on your Norton through Comcast account.

If you are not able to see those options please follow this two links: the first one will let you access to the account and the second will show you how to remove and add devices.

1-Norton log in

2-To remove and add devices online

be aware that this could be different in your Norton but basically is the same.                             

Hoping the information helps you.

Posted by
New Poster
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 3 of 4

when i open the suite, click the link help there is nowhere to be found a device list

and you are correct when i log into the norton site it shows nothing. Going to xfintiy.com/norton i too cannot see my devices. I called comcast, they transfered me to the norton help desk and they said that my devices will only list when i try to install a device when i have no more licenses availble. they were basicaly useless

and further thoughts?

Posted by
Security Expert

Message 4 of 4

Hi berk92,

You were told correctly that the list of devices will only show when you attempt to install the 8th device. You are permitted up t o 7 devices with your COMCAST Account.  There is no Norton Account tied to your COMCAST Norton Security Suite.

Once you try to add more than 7 devices a list will be displayed and you will be able to see which devices you have and be able to delete one so that you can add a new device.

Hope this clears things up for you.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon