Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

"failed to create security certificate"

New Poster

"failed to create security certificate"

When I turn on my computer I get a message"failed to create security certificate". I recently lost several of my apps off my starting scrteen on windowsa 8.1 and get this security thing. I have to sign into google chrome everytime I turn on. I lost other things as well, photos. I scan and can find nothing. Can you help?

Security Expert

Re: "failed to create security certificate"

Your problem would be better handled in the Microsoft Answers forums.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us

"Once I talked to the inmates of an insane asylum in Hartford. I have talked to idiots a thousand times, but only once to the insane..."
Mark Twain

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Problem Solver

Hi Effieannie,

As LoPhatPhudd points out, it's best left to MS, but web applications such as ours - Constant Guard Protection Suite, us a Microsoft security certificate in order to work, and for us, we see that error message for 2 reasons:

1. The most common - the system clock is not sec correctly - perhaps associated with daylight savings time. Check your system clock by right clicking on the clock in the lower right-hand corner of the display, and then - even if the clock looks correct - re-set the time, and make sure the time, day, and date are correct for the location of the computer. We see it when customers cross time zones. The clock cannot be off by much before it is out of synchronization with the Microsoft servers. After setting the time, then choose the Internet Time option, and choose an internet clock source to link your system clock to;

2. A firewall. It is possible that an anti-virus/security application is blocking the MS certificate. Make sure your virus definitions are up-to-date.

New Poster

Micrtosoft sent me to you. I started there. My clock appears correct, but I will reset it. Thanks.