New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

norton security suite wont load

Posted by
Contributor

Message 1 of 12

Had quite a few updates to norton security suite yesterday which included "a patch" well something went wrong because my norton security suite wont load at all now??? Was working fine up until all those updates including "that patch prior. So what are the steps i need to do now in order to get it back up and running???

11 REPLIES
Posted by
Contributor

Message 2 of 12

After using the norton uninstall tool and verifying that it has indeed been uninstalled i go to the comcast support-internet-download norton security suiyr and when i click on the link i get this error message continously:

We're sorry, we are unable to complete your request at this time.
Please try again later.

Posted by
Security Expert

Message 3 of 12

Hi gman13,

I just tried the link and received the same error message you did.

Have a look at the page you clicked on the Download for And it should show your PIN  for activation - copy it down.

You can try to use the following link, but may need your PIN (that's why I told you to get it first)  Smiley Wink

www.norton.com/latestnss

Let us know if this works.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 4 of 12

I am having the same problem (the redirect site does not work). If I click the link provided it downloads something called Setup.exe from Norton, but when I try to run it I receive a message indicating I have to first uninstall the trial version of Norton that came with this new PC. If I do that and run this new Setup.exe, and I am going to be asked for PIN that I have no knowledge of? I don't want to get through half of the process and be left with no AV because the redirect does not work and I don't know any PIN from Comcast.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 5 of 12

Well called comcast explained to the "initial" agent what the trouble was, explaing step by step what i did (as stated by this post). I was then directed to call norton themselves, which i did and after a short discussion with the norton representative i was told that the norton system security suite through comcast is expieriencing a problem (hence the link to download error message) and that it should be corrected within the next 24-48 hrs and to use windows defender until then. Hopefully it is rectified within that time frame???

Posted by
Security Expert

Message 6 of 12

Hi all,

The lnk is now working as it shold be and the PIN is showing on the download page that was not working.  Addtionally,is you need the PIN once h NSS has been initally installed:

Your PIN number is stored in Norton Security_PIN.txt in the following location:

In Windows 10/8/7/Vista: C:\Users\Users Name\My Documents\Symantec\Norton Security_PIN.txt
In Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\\My Documents\Symantec\Norton Security_PIN.txt

Also it is necessary to remove the trial version of Norton prior to installing NSS from Comcast:

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Anti-Virus-Software-Internet/How-To-Uninstall-Reinstall-Norton-Security...

Please let us know if all goes well.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Contributor

Message 7 of 12

Ha, started dl just now and yes it is indeed there and did dl, but upon reinstallation i got this right off the bat:

Error: "3035,6" appears on my Norton product

STEP 1

Run LiveUpdate

1. Start your Norton product.

2. In the main window, click Security, and then click LiveUpdate.

3. When Norton LiveUpdate is finished, click OK.

4. Run LiveUpdate until you see the message, "Your Norton product has the latest protection updates."

5. Exit all the programs, and restart the computer.

If the problem persists even after the restart, go to Step 2.

STEP 2

Download and run the Norton Remove and Reinstall tool

If you have Norton Family installed, uninstall it before you run the Norton Remove and Reinstall tool.

1. Download the Norton Remove and Reinstall tool.

Save the file to the Windows desktop. On some browsers, the file is automatically saved to its default location.

2. To open the Downloads window in your browser, press the Ctrl + J key.

3. Double-click the NRnR icon.

4. Read the license agreement, and click Agree.

5. Click Remove & Reinstall.

You may see the Remove button if your Norton product is from your service provider.

6. Click Continue or Remove.

7. Click Restart Now.

After the computer restarts, follow the on-screen instructions to reinstall your Norton product.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 8 of 12

Did the norton removal tool, followed it to theT and upon reboot and attempted reinstall it wen't through the whole process but it seems like its now stuck on "Communicating with the norton server" (been on that screen for quite awhile now???

Posted by
Security Expert

Message 9 of 12

Hi gman13,

Did you successfully download the Comcst version of NSS andit is "hung" when trying to do the activation  or is hangin at some othe point prior to doing the reinstall?

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Admin1

Message 10 of 12

Hi gman13 -- For this Norton issue you'd want to contact Constant Guard Norton Security Suite Support. They can be reached at 1-877-272-7149. 

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Posted by
Security Expert

Message 11 of 12

gman13, if you prefer to chat with Norton Support and possibly permit them to remote into yoru system to fix your sitaution here's the info:

https://support.norton.com/sp/en/us/norton-security-suite/5.0/contact?abproduct=Norton+Security+Suit...

They are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Please let us know how things go.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Admin1

Message 12 of 12

Following up on this. Have you been able to get Norton installed properly?

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.