online now

discussions

downloading the norton suite with my comcast subscription

SOLVED
Posted by
Norton Expert

Message 101 of 158

Hello ,

Can you try to download from http://www.norton.com/latestnss ?

Harry

Norton Support

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 102 of 158

USAF_E-8_Ret, using your NSS FAQ instructions, I have uninstalled NSS and used the Norton Removal tool, reinstalled NSS 21.1 from the Comcast link and get the confirmation that NSS was installed.  I cannot open NSS by clicking on the NSS icon to view Live Update etc.  I do see NSS running in Task Manager (two lines of NSS 32 bit).  Any ideas of what I need to do to open NSS?

Posted by
Security Expert

Message 103 of 158

Hi mats038,

Have you looked in the Start Menu for a methd to start it?  You mentioned Icon - where is it located?  On the desktop, in the System Tray by the clock? A left click of the one in the system tray should open the main page of NSS.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!

Message 104 of 158

Thank you for your quick reply USAF_E-8_Ret.  The NSS icon is on my desktop and it does not open NSS.  Neither does trying to open NSS on the System Tray work.  I tried right mouse button then open on the NSS icon on the desktop, but no luck.  I'm running Windows 8.1 and I saw after I posted my ? that I did not have an antivirus running on my PC so NSS is not running and I don't see any NSS icon in my System Tray icons that are open.

Posted by
Security Expert

Message 105 of 158

mats038,

Please look in Control Panel > Programs and Features and see if Norton Security Sutie is listed.  Please verify that NSS is installed - Control Panel > Programs and Features. 

Please also tell us the manufacturer of your system.  We have seen similar situations on Lenovo's.  How oldis the system and have you ever had any other Anti-virus on the system (pehaps a trial)?

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 106 of 158

Hi USAF_E_8_RET, I see NSS listed in Control Panel > Programs and Features currently and that previously used it to uninstall NSS.  I have a Lenovo Thinkpad T430 purchased Aug, 2013 with Intel I5 and Windows Home 8.1, 8mb memory.  I first installed Norton from the Comcast site when I took delivery of the laptop and it was working fine until I noticed NSS not running about a month ago.  No other anti-virus nor trial ever installed.  I checked my download folder just to be sure.  I never installed Constant Guard from Comcast.

Posted by
Security Expert

Message 107 of 158

At the top right of this Board there is a Search Box, type in Lenovo and you will see many posts in regards to your situation. Over the past few years, new items have caused it, I can remeber the fingerprint sftware, rapid reboot (or restart).

I'm not trying to put you off - just trying to mke it as easy as possible for you to test the different causes without ach of us making post after post of "try this". 

Please let us know how you get on and good luck!

Search.PNG

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 108 of 158

Hi USAF_E8_RET, I searched for Lenovo and tried the suggestions in those posts to resolve my issue.  No change, NSS will not load nor open. 

I did notice that when I ran the Norton Removal Tool, several Lenovo drivers would be adversely affected such as the Biometric devices (Finger print scanner),  Lenovo Settings, Lenovo Power etc. 

They would show the following error - Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19).   I reinstalled the drivers to resolve this error.  Subsequent running of the Norton Removal Tool would bring back the same error.

I also tried disabling the Finger print reader and turning off the Windows Fast Startup without success.

I believe it's time to move on to another virus protection.

Thank you for your assistance.

Posted by
Security Expert

Message 109 of 158

mats038,

sopry top hear about this situation, perhaps NortonSuppot has some info that wil help - he shold be around tomorrow.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
New Poster

Message 110 of 158

I have NO clue why this is refusing to work. I removed my expired 360 paid install/old subscription, I then proceeded to download the installer. I got through the initial begin of install, and then it just stops installing and gives me an error message. (I have all the system requirements met to use this.)

Does Comcast still even give Norton to it's Xfinity customers?

When I try from a non-comcast Norton website to install it, the product key is too short (using the same key that's displayed near Xfinity's Constant Guard website/download button)

HELP PLEASE! Thank you

Posted by
Contributor

Message 111 of 158

I am certainly no expert, but this I do know. You MUST download Norton from the comcast site, assuming you have comcast.  No other norton product from any site, including the norton site will work. Only the CC site provides the free Nortons. After you log in, the site is:

http://constantguard.comcast.net/products-and-services/norton-security-suite//

Posted by
Security Expert

Message 112 of 158

Here are the instructions for the normal inital install of Comcst version:

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Security-and-Anti-Virus/How-to-Initially-Install-Norton-Security-Suite/...

However, since you used a retail cop of Norton you wil have to follow these instuctions which incloude the running of the Norton Removal Tool.

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Security-and-Anti-Virus/How-To-Uninstall-Reinstall-Norton-Security-Suit...

Also please be sure to download the Norton program while logged into your primary Comcast account and using your residential modem.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
New Poster

Message 113 of 158

HOW UNISTALL NORTON BECAUSE NOT COMPATIBLE WITH WINDOWS 10

Posted by
New Poster

Message 114 of 158

long time nortan user and this is the first issue i have ran into. just upgraded to windows 10 and looks like norton go an update around the same time because the GUI is a lot diffrent. anyways when i opened it it said my  subscription has expired. i thought that maybe during the upgrade to w10 it might have messed something up so i un installed it and then tried again. same issue. when i try to activate it it asks for a pin... what pin? i though it was free to comcast customers?

Posted by
Security Expert

Message 115 of 158

Hi Springerr,

Your PIN number can be found on the NSS download page.

If you enter the PIN and no joy, please come backand tell us what happened.

Capture.PNG

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
New Poster

Message 116 of 158

that did the trick! thank you so much. is this a new thing because i dont recal ever using a pin for NSS befor?

Posted by
Security Expert

Message 117 of 158

Springerr wrote:

that did the trick! thank you so much. is this a new thing because i dont recal ever using a pin for NSS befor?

Actually, it is something that was not required with upgrades to Norton before, but with it coupled with WIN 10 upgrade and a new version of NSS required to be compatible with WIN 10 it has produced this unusual situation.  Hopefully we will not need to go through it agan with future upgrades to OS or NSS! 

Glad you go it sorted!

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
New Poster

Message 118 of 158

I never got asked for a PIN.  I did find it and write it down but the install never asked and when I was finished I got the note on the bottom status bar: "Activation Required: Activate Now". When I click the "Activate Now" link I get a new dialog indicating that NSS is communicating with the Norton server.  After awhile I get a spinning circle and then the dialog disappear but no change in status to the "Activate Now" link.  I've already upgraded my two Windows 8.1 computers and had this problem on one of those but after uninstalling and reinstalling a few times it went away.  On my Windows 7 machine the message persists and I don't know how to fix it.  I never did get to the Win10 install on the Win7 machine so this behavior has been observed by me in both Win7 and Win10 so I don't think it's a Windows problem.

By the way, I had very unusual behavior (a flashing desktop screeen) after installing Windows 10 with Norton installed. When I uninstalled NSS, installed Win10 and then reinstalled NSS the Win10 install was successful but again the pesky activation issue sometimes appears.

Posted by
Security Expert

Message 119 of 158

Hi SeaBronco,

I have heard of the "flashing screen" occurring during the Win 10 install and clearing up after the completion of the Win 10 install.  That was reported on the Norton Forums.

The activation issue can be cleared up by Norton Support for Comcast.  Tell them you can not activate Comcast Norton Security Suite, they should remote into your system and usually have things corrected within a short period of time.

A bit lste for you, but the success rate has been very good, but first upgrading NSS to version 22.5.2.15 priorto upgrading to Win 10. 

<EDIT>  Just spotted this adtional info on the Norton Forums:

https://support.norton.com/sp/en/us/home/current/solutions/v109267913_EndUserProfile_en_us

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Norton Expert

Message 120 of 158

Were you able to contact the support team as suggested? Let me know if you need further help with using Norton Security Suite.

Harry

Norton Support

Posted by
Contributor

Message 121 of 158

Not exactly related, but does NSS/NTB work with FF40?

Posted by
Security Expert

Message 122 of 158

Anon1069474 - yes - please see the following announcment:

https://community.norton.com/en/blogs/product-update-announcements/firefox-40-support-norton-toolbar

If you need more info, we'l need more details  such as operating system, default browser and the version of NSS.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
New Poster

Message 123 of 158

This is exactly what has been happening to me for 4 weeks!  I have used the removal tool... didn't work.  Upgraded to win 10... didn't help.

Now I just want this software completely removed from my system.  I will go use someone else.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 124 of 158

Of course!!!!  This is where that link goes to:   The document you are looking for is unavailable

Come on comcast/ Xfinity.  You guys are a joke

Posted by
Security Expert

Message 125 of 158

Please tell us which link you are referring to as not working?

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
New Poster

Message 126 of 158

I hsve doenload the xfinity-master-installer_1.0.0.11.exe to install the Nortom Security Suite. 

However, when I run it, the program bring up the IE but failed to load the page:

https://ssae.symantec.com/Portal/Signup

I checked the error code, it's 403 - Forbidden.

It's been several days but still not working.

Please fix that.

My system is:

Windows Vista Home Premium (32-bit)

IE 9.0.8112

Chao-Cheng

Posted by
Security Expert

Message 127 of 158

Are you logged into your Primary Comcast Account, using a Windows User account with administrative privleges and connected to your residental modem?

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
New Poster

Message 128 of 158

I have logged into my xfinity comcast account in IE, but when the program redirect to that page, it shows the connection error without give me any login page.

Chao-Cheng

Posted by
Norton Expert

Message 129 of 158

Hello Chao-Cheng,

Try to go to Norton Download Manager page of Comcast(You need to sign-in to Comcast Primary Account first):

http://security.comcast.net/?cid=NET_33_0

The Norton Security Suite is tied with your high speed broadband connection and hence it needs to be gathered from the Comcast Account. If you cannot access the Norton Download Manager page from the account, there may be a problem with the account & you may need to check it further with Comcast.

Harry

Norton Support

Posted by
New Poster

Message 130 of 158

I figured out what's wrong here.

I found out that I can not open the link you provided in IE, but it can be opened by Chrome.

Then I check IE's setting and found the advance option "Use TLS 1.0" did not turn on.

The download page shows up after I turn that option. Now I have downloaded and installed the Norton Security Suite.

Thanks anyway!!

Chao-Cheng

Posted by
Security Expert

Message 131 of 158

Glad you got it sorted and thanks for the feedback as to the correction.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
New Poster

Message 132 of 158

Quick question ... does this work with win10 Pro??  Keep getting error message saying does not work with this verion of windows.  sign in go to d/l page and bring down xfinity-master-installer_1.0.0.11, run it and get PIN but when start to install get the error.  Am log'd into my account on xfinity when run just wondering at this point.

Posted by
Norton Expert

Message 133 of 158

Hello ,

That's odd, it should work with Windows 10 Pro as well. Can you please provide the complete error message?

Harry

Norton Support

Posted by
New Poster

Message 134 of 158

will run it again and try to get the message before gone ... and will also try again to remove the trail copy of norton.  did this last time with your uninstaller but not sure it took.

Posted by
Norton Expert

Message 135 of 158

Hello ,

Were you able to install Norton Security Suite?

Harry

Norton Support

Posted by
New Poster

Message 136 of 158

Just updated to Win 10. Trying to reinstall Norton from Comcast. Hit the button to install, and i get the master installer. When I hit the button for "get Norton now" or something like that, ... Nothing.  No files download. No Norton.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 137 of 158

Ran the Norton uninstaller in case something from WIN 7 was screwing things up, but still no luck.

Posted by
Norton Expert

Message 138 of 158
Posted by
New Poster

Message 139 of 158
Posted by
New Poster

Message 140 of 158

Yes it finally installed (tried it 3 times and on the 3rd try it worked .. no idea why) ... although didn't ask for UID and PWD like expected.  So far working fine with a small hiccup here and there for some of the game assists run but overall happy with it.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 141 of 158

I am having a problem downloading Norton....I have been having  Error: 8504, 104......uninstalled Norton because of this error, and now can't get Norton at all....Please advise

Posted by
Norton Expert

Message 142 of 158

Hello ,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. How did you uninstall Norton? What exactly happens when you try to get Norton now? Are you getting any error? Which Operating System do you use? It would be great if you can provide more details so that we can assist you in a better way.

Harry

Norton Support

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 143 of 158

I used the Norton removal tool....before I uninstalled Norton, I was getting an error message..8504,104.. Norton Security Suite is gone and can't seem to get it back....IE is all messed up also because of the uninstall...I get Constant Guard, but that is it...Norton was running fine yesterday...I use Windows Vista...the xfinity-master-installer file downloads fine, but when it says get it now, I don't...it won't let me sign in to Comcast, as IE stalls and is a problem....my Internet connection is fine...Now all is messed up, Thanks to me....ugh  LOL

Posted by
Norton Expert

Message 144 of 158
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 145 of 158
Posted by
New Poster
Message 146 of 158

submission button says for mac. Have desktop.

Posted by
Security Expert

Message 147 of 158

zemvermu wrote:

submission button says for mac. Have desktop.

Please go to the following link - it is the download for PC - use the Red "Get Norton Securtiy Suite" button - do not select the MAC link below the red button.

http://constantguard.comcast.net/norton?cid=NET_33_601

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
New Poster
Message 148 of 158
Posted by
Security Expert

Message 149 of 158

Glad you got it sorted.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 150 of 158

I have tried everthing listed to download the Norton Security suite, PROMISED FREE TO COMCAST CUSTOMERS, and when I follow the instructions, absolutely NOTHING happens.  Since I have made these attemps on a daily basis for the past two weeks, tomorrow I am calling a computer expert to come to my home to install Norton.  THANKS TO COMCAST FOR ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!  Unfortunately, I will have to pay a computer expert to do something that Comcast has promised its custumers for free.  WHAT A BIG FAT LIE!