discussions

downloading the norton suite with my comcast subscription

ANSWERED
New Poster

Re: downloading the norton suite with my comcast subscription

Thank you.

Contributor

gaaron, I always save CC downloads so I can revert to any earlier version if needed.

New Poster

I save them to and tried it. However, I use Firefox and the earlier NSS version does not work with Firefox.

Contributor

My FFv25 was solid, and I regret updating to FFv27. It locks up, crashes, and closes about once an hour. About ready to revert to V25.

Security Expert

Hi gaaron,

If you have the basic download saved (from the Get it Now Button) for previous versions of NSS - please be sure to run LiveUpdate (rebooting when requested) unti LiveUpdate responds "no updates found".  You will need to do that to pull in all the updates including those for the Norton Toolbar in FF 27.0.1.

Please see the following link for information on FF for previous versions of NSS.

http://community.norton.com/t5/Product-Update-Announcements/Firefox-27-Support-for-Norton-Toolbar/ba...

The info goes back as far as the older versions are supported - so you have to be on NSS Version 6 (2012) in order to get FF to work.

Let us know if this helps.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

I have tried several versions of FF with NSS 6. Can't get them to work, and have restored the latest NSS with updates. Hopefully, Norton will get the message -- I've seen many complaints on Norton's forums -- about issues with ID safe. For now, though, I'm done.

Security Expert

gaaron wrote:

I have tried several versions of FF with NSS 6. Can't get them to work, and have restored the latest NSS with updates. Hopefully, Norton will get the message -- I've seen many complaints on Norton's forums -- about issues with ID safe. For now, though, I'm done.

Understand your frusttration - however, have you also seen the following?

http://community.norton.com/t5/Norton-Toolbar-Norton-Identity/Attention-Firefox-3-through-24-users/t...

Anything prior to FF 24 will not work with any version of any Norton Product. 

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Regular Visitor

how to start down loading norton with my comcast subscription

Security Expert

guruk wrote:

how to start down loading norton with my comcast subscription

Hi guruk,

Please follow the instructions in this NSS FAQ for the inital installation of Norton Security Suite.

Please let us know how things go!

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

Was given details by Norton. Thank you.

Contributor

I have FF27 and it locks up, chokes, closes about every hour. Very frustrating. Is FF28 available, and more important, does the NTB and Vault compatible?

New Poster

I have FF27 and have no problems with NSS or its Identity Safe component

Contributor

thanks--I have no problem with NSS on FF27--it's the browser that chokes up hourly.

New Poster

ritjam wrote:

hi, im trying to download the norton suite with my comcast subscription an it gets to the point where it asks me to restart my computer system t finish the download, so i restart it, but it dosnt download, and that same popup pups up again asking to restart my computer. i restarted my system at least 10 times since it asked me. how can i fix this and actually download the norton suite?

ritjam wrote:

hi, im trying to download the norton suite with my comcast subscription an it gets to the point where it asks me to restart my computer system t finish the download, so i restart it, but it dosnt download, and that same popup pups up again asking to restart my computer. i restarted my system at least 10 times since it asked me. how can i fix this and actually download the norton suite?

are we downloading norton an how?

Tags (1)
New Poster

all I wanted to do is    (download Norton)

Contributor

katherine, I probably should not pop in here because there are many on this forum with far more knowledge than me. However, it's been my experience the download does not actually install.

The user must install it. Perhaps you did, but there's no mention of it.

As I recall, the file is in your Download folder and called something like:

"Norton_Download_Manager.exe" [could be different, but that's what I got].

Regular Visitor

I have no problem with my protection and it reminds me regularly to update.  I dont use my computer that much, but when I do its there and ready to protect me.

ritjam wrote:

New Poster

i need to be 100% in this.the Constant Guard is free with internet from Comcast, ok, no matter what plan you have, i mean Blast, economic, etc. all the same protection no matter what plan you have, thank you

Contributor

Yes, constant guard and NSS comes with comcast. Personally, i don't like CG but use NSS. However, other family does like CG. Matter of personal choice.

New Poster

The downlaod link to Norton is not working does anyone know why and since when?

Contributor

Assuming you have CC, then don't use the norton link. Go to your CC account for the NSS link.

Security Expert

EJF65 wrote:

The downlaod link to Norton is not working does anyone know why and since when?

It has not worked for quite a few days and the error it throws does not seem to help any - I havebeen providing the follwoing link to download it:

http://www.norton.com/nss - it will apear at the bottom of the page to either run or save it and you can go from there. 

Other threads in regards to this topic also provides addtional info.

Let us know how things go using the above link.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

Good Morning.  Will the http://www.norton.com/nss link work for Windows 8 (64 bit)?  The radio button is not working for me either?

Contributor

Perhaps something has changed but I could never get the norton site to download the 'free' version of NSS. It always came back and said, "it appears you do not have a norton product". So i would go to the cc site to dnld the free cc version of NSS.

New Poster

i can get norton security on my computer why

Norton Expert

Hello ,

Sorry! We can certainly look into it if you can provide more details on the problem. Are you able to download Norton Security Suite from Comcast page? Are you getting any error? Please provide exact details on the problem so that we can sort it out.

Thanks!

Harry

Norton Support

Contributor

Is there any logical reason for having to UNinstall NSS every time FireFox makes an upgrade? I've had to do this about every rev from FF 10 to current. FF is now V31 and I'm so tired of Unstalling NSS completely, then install new version, and then run live update about 3- 10 times and rebooting over and over. Upgrading FF takes a few minute, and updating the applicable NSS can take an hour. if you are lucky.

Can't Norton figure this out so one live update works? Instead of having to uninstall it? Makes no sense.

Security Expert

Anon1069474 wrote:

Is there any logical reason for having to UNinstall NSS every time FireFox makes an upgrade?

No - not necessary at all.  You should receive the new Norton Tool Bar Add-ons for FireFox via automatice (or manual) LiveUpdate.  After you have received them, then you would need to update your FireFox.  Do not update FireFox  first.  You can control the install of the latest FF update via Tools on the Menu Bar by going to Options, Advanced Tab, Update and check marking download, but let me decide when to install. 

I've had to do this about every rev from FF 10 to current. FF is now V31 and I'm so tired of Unstalling NSS completely, then install new version, and then run live update about 3- 10 times and rebooting over and over.

As things stand right now, whenever you install NSS, you will have to go through the 3 - 10 LiveUpdates in order to get NSS up to the current version (presently 21.3.0.12.  The reason for this is that there is an older version of NSS on the server (currently 21.1).  By installing that, you muct update via LiveUpdate thru a few versions of NSS.  The retail products have more current versions available for install - but not Comcast.  No idea why it is this way.

Upgrading FF takes a few minute, and updating the applicable NSS can take an hour. if you are lucky.

Can't Norton figure this out so one live update works? Instead of having to uninstall it? Makes no sense.

As I said before - no reason to uninstall and reinstall for every update of FireFox.  Now if your version of NSS is outdated - that could cause you have to uninstall/reinstall, however if your NSS is up to date and functioning properly, running LiveUpdate should provide the NTB Add-ons for the new version of FF. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Contributor

Many thanks. I completely agree that is how it "should" work, but it does not for me or my niece's laptop.

I should have clarified something important: the NSS does upgrade with Live Update just as you describe.

However, the NTB does not! And that is critical because it contains our ID Vault.

I can't pull up old emails from norton, but when I sent a trouble ticket to them on this very subjecti,  they always replied to uninstall NSS then download installer and start over to get the latest NTB

Twice the norton tech used remote access to see what was wrong, and in both cases, they unistlled NSS and started over.

Same with niece's machine. Niece has NSS v21.3.0.12 and FF 31 will not recognize the NTB. She has run live udate about 50 times.

What is the latest NTB V?

Norton Expert

Hello ,

Sorry for the inconvenience. Norton Toolbar of Norton Security Suite from Comcast is not yet compatible with Firefox 31, we are yet to release the compatibility patch for Norton Security Suite. Please go through a similar thared posted here:

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Security-and-Anti-Virus/Firefox-31-and-Norton-Security-Suite/m-p/225194...

I'll update you once we have the patch released.

Thanks!

Harry

Norton Support

Norton Expert

Our team has posted the 21.5 patch for Norton Security Suite from Comcast. This update is being released in a phased manner. You just need to run LiveUpdate to get this patch. If you didn't get the 21.5 patch immediately, please be patient for 1-2 hours and try running the LiveUpdate again.

Again, our sincere apologies for the delay with getting the patch to you.

Thanks!

Harry

Norton Support

Contributor

Many thanks, Harry, and the rest of the team. I love NSS and NTB, been using them for years. I have FF set to NEVER upgraded automatically, and perfer to wait 1-2 months to give norton time. Alas, my niece was suckered into upgrading FF to 31 so norton does not work. Sorry to say, she uses IE for the time being.

Most annoyng is I tried to find FF 29 for her, but all of them come with bags of toolbafrs and othe hogs..

New Poster

trying to dowload norton from my comcast account

Security Expert

BettyLavoie wrote:

trying to dowload norton from my comcast account

Please follow the instructions in this NSS FAQ.

Let us know how things go.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

i need download antivirs

Security Expert

a_izadpanah wrote:

i need download antivirs

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

how to download the norton

Security Expert

gerardo1010 wrote:

how to download the norton

There is a clickable link NSS FAQ above, but if for some reason it doesn't work for you, try this:

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Security-and-Anti-Virus/How-to-Initially-Install-Norton-Security-Suite/...

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Contributor

I have turned off auto updates to FF due to a long history of NTB incompatible for X amount of time.

I understand, no  problem.

Now have FF V32 and see V34 is available. However, I will not update FF until NTB is compatible.

NSS is v 21.6.0.32.

Will that work with FF 34?

Norton Expert

Hello ,

It should be compatible with Firefox 34. Please find the information provided here:

https://support.norton.com/sp/en/in/home/current/solutions/kb20100122090203EN_EndUserProfile_en_us

Let us know if you face any problem.

Happy Holidays!

Harry

Norton Support

Service Expert
Moved:

post by rviens195 removed and sent to a secure area out of public view because it violates forum posting rules.

Forum Guidelines state (clickable link) which everyone should read BEFORE making a first post

Please Don't

Post personal information in the forums

Please do your best to keep your identity and personal information safe. This includes:

Your full name
Your telephone number
Your Physical/Mailing Address
Email addresses
Credit Card numbers
Account numbers
Other personally identifiable information

This is also posted on the main forum page

Please do not post any personal information in your posts on the public forums. Post containing personal information are removed to a secured area.

If you wouldn't give a total stranger on the street your personal info don't post it here, where anyone in the world with an internet connection can see it.

New Poster

Please install my free Norton Security System that supposed to come free with my comcast subscription!

Security Expert

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Contributor

Is it compatible with FF 35?

Security Expert

Anon1069474 wrote:

Is it compatible with FF 35?

Yes it is:   https://community.norton.com/en/blogs/product-update-announcements/firefox-35-support-norton-toolbar

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Contributor

Many thanks for the info and links

Security Expert

You are very welcome and please let us know how things go.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Contributor

"You are very welcome and please let us know how things go."

Wow--worked perfectly the first time!

Used to be a monster headache to get NSS and NTB without going to comcast and wasting an hour.

This time, click, click, click, done, perfect!

Thanks!

Security Expert

Good news - glad we could help you!

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

Downloading Security Suite 21.1 (4th time) Keep getiing "an error occured with the downloaded files" no other security programs on this pc / mozilla 35 / xp sp 2