New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

constant guard slows and crashing ohter programs

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 1 of 2

If you are still here please update me on the problem with CG running non stop at the 'starting to' message and now 24 hours the same status while slowing my PC and making my browsers, any of them crash. Behind the scence I think it is part if not all of why my MS Outlook crashes Using Task Manager, it cannot be stopped and so is the case with Norton. This is repeatable and is making thinks really slow and dadat loss from these crashes are counter productive. I am running a 12 GB RAM, solid state with a 500GB hard drive. Lots of free space. WINDOWS 10 Pro and Office 2016 365. I installed Malwarebytes' anti malware because Norton cannot do that job as well and the Comcast toolbar may be my problem. Note: is it on my FF not my IE. Chrome or Edge brownsers. IE is used embedded in some apps, like QuickBooks desktop. QB is stable with no problem until I use a broswer supported task like bank feed and look ups in Inuti's Help system. Right now, 'Infinity Total Defense will not end process and Norton will not end process from the Task Manager. I can only try restarting the system to stop CG. Norton is on its own warpath and starts with the boot. I am not yet but close to uninstalling Norton since I cannot control it. In the background it is running what I do not know when I am working yet the 'run in when idle' option is aved in every part of the Norton I can find.

If you are not her, pass me on to someone available please. It is now 2017 and the solutions if any that I saw in the search for this problem are old, 2014 and before. Look at how many years this Constant Guard by any name they give it is wrecking work flow for users. Sory if I am sounding angry but well, I am.

BWWiggs - TigerWizard

BWWIGG - TigerWizard
1 REPLY
Posted by
Security Expert

Message 2 of 2

Hi Tiger Wizard - who are you looking for?

Part of your slow down may be caused by having installed Malwarebytes - it is known to conlfict with AV programs such as Norton if yu are in fact running the Pro edition in realtime. 

I am not a fan of the Comcast Toolbar and do not use it, but that ismy personal option.

Have you disabled Fast Start in WIN 10?  It does not permit most programs from updating succesfully (including Windows Update) with it enabled.  Also Edge browser is not compatible with Norton.

Exactly which components of Constant Guard are you referring to and have running on yur system?

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon