Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

anti-malware

New Poster

anti-malware

Does the Norton suite provided by XFINITY provide protection from malware?

Is it possible/desirable to install an anti-malware program such as Malwarebytes?

Security Expert

Re: anti-malware

Hi greygreek,

Norton does in fact provide some protection from malware - dependent on your defiintion of malware.  Norton does not remove/alert on all PUPs or PUAs -as some of those designated PUPs/PUAs some users actually install on purpose. 

Some other AV's do remove PUPs/PUAs and user complain about them being removed, so it's a bit of a grey area as to what is the best procedure.

In regards to MBAM, the free version is an ideal second opinion on demand scanner.  Norton recommends not to run MBAM in real time (Pro version and the Pro version test) although some users have reported running both AV and MBAM in real time without conflict.

As a personal preference I run Norton as my AV and run MBAM once every two weeks, or whenever suspect something is acting out of the ordinary.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon