members

online now

discussions

Windows 7 Freezing with Norton

Posted by
New Poster
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 2

Windows 7 freezes and prevents logging back in after installing Norton on my my refurbished Dell Lattitude E6430. It happens mostly after hybernating and when I log off and attempt to log back on, but not after shutting down. The Windows firewall is off with a message that it is being managed by Norton. I have Norton thru my Xfinity subscription. Thanks.

1 REPLY
Posted by
Security Expert

Message 2 of 2

Hi luadams72,

•  Are you using a Windows user account with administrator privileges?
  • If you are, please go to Help > Get Support on the main page (upper right hand corner) and let it run until completion - did it find anything what did it tell you?
  • If no joy, lease go tot the following link and perform and remove and reinstall of Norton per the instructions.

http://forums.comcast.net/t5/Security-and-Anti-Virus/How-To-Uninstall-Reinstall-Norton-Security-Suit...

Let us know how things go.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon