New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Re: Windows 7 64 bit and Norton Security Suite

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

I installed Norton Security Suite on my new computer.  I cannot get the Live Updates to work. The updates seem to stop downloading and then I get the message "need to down load patch" after the patch is installed I get "failed" on Download and "failed" on Install. I uninstalled  Constant Guard and used the Norton Removal Tool and then reinstalled just Norton - same problem.

Security Expert

Hi Rkees,

Was there any trial Anitvirus installed on your new computer?  If so it needs to be totally removed prior to installing Norton.  Please see this NSS FAQ for instructions on the initial installation of NSS.

Let us know if you need assistance with removing a trial that may have come with the new computer.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Norton Expert

Hello ,

May I know the version of Norton Security Suite as shown in Support > About? Can you try to update definitions using the Intelligent Updater?

http://www.symantec.com/security_response/definitions/download/detail.jsp?gid=n95

Go to the 64-bit Platforms section, and click the first file in the list under Filename. The file name starts with the year and ends with v5i64.exe. e.g. 20090922-017-v5i64.exe.

Thanks!

Harry

Norton Support