online now

discussions

Phishing

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 1 of 3
Moved:

Phishing

Your post has been removed to a secure, hidden area for violating Forum Guidelines [active phishing link]. If you are not familiar with the Guidelines you may review them here.

2 REPLIES
Posted by
Security Expert

Message 2 of 3

Although the original post was removed, all that was wrong with it was the inclusion of the link and I feel the OP deserves an answer, so I will  recreate their post and BruceW's response:

did anyone else receive this email?

----- Forwarded Message --
Sent: Sat, 30 Sep 2017 01:32:39 -0000 (UTC)
Subject: Mail On Hold.
Dear User,
Our security team received your request to delete your account, we will process your request within 3 working days.
All features associated with your XFINITY account will be lost.
Was this you or someone else, If you didn't make this request, kindly cancel request to continue using our service

Log-in to Cancel Request - Link removed.

Thanks for using XFINITY!
Sincerely,
The Xfinity Team

BruceW replied:

Re: Phishing

It's a phishing email, a scammer attempt to steal login and account information.

Please edit your message to remove the phishing link. To edit, log in to the Forums and, while viewing your message, click Options, Edit Message.

Please see Comcast Email Phish or Legit? How to Tell (and rules for posting) for more information about identifying, reporting, and posting phishing emails. The article is somewhat out of date, but still useful.

Samples of recent phishing messages can be found at http://constantguard.comcast.net/help/alerts under "Top Phishing Scams".

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
New Poster
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 3 of 3

I got the same message and I clicked on th elink thinking it was legitimate.

The next screen was all in Russian.

Did the hacker get anything?  the Hacker's email address was:  admistrator23@comcast.net