Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Password length

New Poster

Password length

I am not sure if nobody ever tried to max out the password length Comcast supposedly allows, but today I wanted to change my password to 16 characters in length, following the complexity requirements (characters, numbers, special characters). While 16 seems to be quite short, the problem is, that 15 is the max the user interface accepts. So either they can't handle 16 or the input check by the programmer has counted wrong...

Security Expert

Re: Password length

Hi khkwm,

Exactly which Comcast password are you asking about?  Your Account, Voice, Home Security, Norton?

Some general info on Accounts/passwords.

I was under the impression 16 was max for the Comcast Account.

Hopefully someone else can be more positive.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

Re: Password length

I had the same issue today

I was apparently able to change my password to what I thought was 17 characters, but it didn't work (probably because only 16 got registered)

When I went through password recovery, I got a notice/warning about the 16 character limit

The rcovery option seems to be working fine, but the orignal password-change option doesn't give an error for passwords > 16 char

It probably truncates them to 16 char without notification