Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Norton security suite - see number of licenses used

Posted by
Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 3

I know that I can install Norton Security Suite on up to 7 computers. Is there a way for me to tell how many I currently have it installed on (how many of my licenses I am using) without going through the effort of installing it on a new computer?  Thanks.

2 REPLIES
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 2 of 3

You need to keep track of that sort of information. There's no way to check. You will be able to install NSS until your limit is reached. Once you reach that limit, you can deactivate a previous installation to free up a license if needed.

<--> U.S. Navy Vietnam Era veteran. You're welcome. <-->
Posted by
Security Expert

Message 3 of 3

To clarify a bit what L1ngus stated above:

You are permitted up to 7 installations of Norton Security Suite, when you attempt to add an 8th, you must remove one of the old ones.  The way it is set up, until such time as you try to add the 8th system, you will not be able to remove nor see any of the previous installs.  Once you are presented with the opton to remove one and do so, you will be able to install on a new system. 

This is not the same as he retail version on Norton since NSS does not use a Norton Account to control the licensing - but rather that Comcst controls it.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon