New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Norton for mac

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 1 of 5 (930 Views)

Norton for mac

It's an old norton mac version to download on xfinity site (5.10).  After downloading and activate a window open for a free update to version 7.3.

When you try to activate that version you get the following message "You have reached the acceptable use device limit for your subscription. (14339)". I spent 2 hours on the phone with Norton staff, they could not fix the problem, they were supposed to get back to me, that was 1 month ago. I contact xfinity who maintain that their download site it's up to date and that the activation key its valid. This its catch 22. I had to reinstall the old version 5.10, activate and forget about the window who keep popping for a free upgrade.

4 REPLIES
Posted by
Security Expert

Message 2 of 5 (899 Views)

Re: Norton for mac

Hi moi2fl,

You are correct, the xfinity site does install version 5.10 and it is then capable of being upgraded to 7.3.

The "You have reached the acceptable use device limit for your subscription." usually indicates that you have reached your limit of permissiible installs on your systems - which I beleive is 8 on a MAC.  Once you see this message you should be able to click on it and proceed to a list of your installations.  Once tehre you need to remove one installation (device) which will provide you with an available installation, and you will be permitted to install the newer 7.3 version.

The number of installations is controlled by Comcast (Xfinity) and their support people should be aware of the limit of installations and be able to assist you.

I would re-contact xfinity support and hopefully a different CSR will assist you and they will understand what your situation is.  Please post back with results.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!

Message 3 of 5 (832 Views)

Norton.jpg

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 4 of 5 (831 Views)

I am using only 2 subcriptions on 2 mac . The activation key work on 5.1 but not on 7.3. Also the link Upgrade your subcription or transfer a license does not work

Posted by
Contributor

Message 5 of 5 (511 Views)

FYI, Norton Safe Web Search tool bar for MAC is no longer supported for the most current version of Safari (10.0.3).  If you want the Safe Web Search tool bar for MAC with Norton for MAC, you will need to install Chrome or Firefox for MAC.  I don't like either so I have a different MAC AV solution.