members

online now

discussions

Norton cancelled without any notice

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 2 of 9 (5,261 Views)

Norton cancelled without any notice

My Norton antivirus just said that Comcast just cancelled my antivirus protection. No warning at all. What are we suppose to do? When I signed up for Cable, Internet and Phone I was told that Norton antivirus would be provided at no charge so why did you cancel it? This is not right. I want my Norton antivirus back. I hope you take care of this ASAP.

8 REPLIES
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 1 of 9 (5,248 Views)

Re: Norton won't install!!!

Same thing just happened to me. I got a message saying Comcast cancelled Norton. No warning at all. This is awful.

Posted by
Security Expert

Message 3 of 9 (5,232 Views)

Re: Norton cancelled without any notice

Sorry but the first question has to be:

Is your Comcast account current and paid up to date?  Norton is only free with a paid subscription to Comcast.

There have been glitches in the data base in the past where a current and paid up Comcast user has had their service erroneously listed as terminated.

Please post back with additional information as to the status of your account and the exact wording or a screenshot of the cancellation notice.

We need this info to continue looking into your situation.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you! I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.To learn more about XFINITY Forum Expert program click here.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Did this post help? Why not give it a kudo!!!Kudos Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you! I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.To learn more about XFINITY Forum Expert program click here.
Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. Expert Program
Posted by
Security Expert

Message 4 of 9 (5,169 Views)

If you posted in this thread and your post is missing, I moved it to it's own thread.

It gets too confusing when there is more than one OP in the same thread. Please, always start your own thread.

"Once I talked to the inmates of an insane asylum in Hartford. I have talked to idiots a thousand times, but only once to the insane..."
Mark Twain

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
Posted by
Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 5 of 9 (4,064 Views)

Same here..........

Account has never been late. Just got a POP-UP saying Norton was cancelled by Comcast and offered to "sell" me service.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 6 of 9 (3,979 Views)

Thats exactly what happened to me. They wanted to sell me Norton. My account was always paid on time and I was told I would receive Norton free when I signed up.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 7 of 9 (3,851 Views)

Same thing here in 34974 Fl. online 10 pm Sunday night get prompt from Norton my service canceled by comcast  my bill is paid and it still says on web site Norton incuded ? Not happy here we all want ansewrs fast! Sat tv and DSL looking better every day since rates just went up again , .

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 8 of 9 (3,841 Views)

Please read this post by USAF

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Security-and-Anti-Virus/Norton-canceled-without-notice/m-p/1222007/high...

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
Posted by
Visitor

Message 9 of 9 (3,826 Views)

Be careful everyone, they tell you to install Constant Guard and that will mess up your computers, Comcast will have a Liability case on their hand soon unless it's not of tehir doing.

You can still install Norton's for free from Xfinity, just un install the old one and reinstall the Norton's suite.