Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Norton anti-virus

Posted by
New Poster
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 2

We were long time Comcast subscribers. We recently moved to an area where Comcast is not available. Our new internet provider offers McAfee anti-virus to subscribers, but I like Norton better. My Norton appears to still be working, but I am curious if that will continue now that I am no longer a Comcast subscriber?

1 REPLY
Posted by
Security Expert

Message 2 of 2

Hi alanp46,

Your Norton from Comcast will stop working - there is a time table used by Comcast to ensure you are still a Comcast customer and entitled to the free Norton.  So do not be surprised when you wake one morning and it is no longer functioning.

Norton is purchaseable via Norton.com, or can sometimes be purchased cheaper via reputable resellers - such as Amazon, Ebay etc.

If you decide to go with the McAfee, besure to totally remove Norton prior to installing McAfee.  That includes running only the removal portion of the Norton Remove and Reinstall Tool and skipping the reinstall part.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon