Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Norton System security suite (Not working AGAIN)

Posted by
Contributor

Message 1 of 4

Had trouble with this a couple of weeks ago but eventually got it up and running with no problem. It worked fine for the last couple of weeks but now i've noticed just in the last couple of days that even tho my norton ss is loading down on the taskbar just as normal (able to run live updater with no trouble) and it is showing as totally fine and up and running totally. But heres the problem, even tho it shows on my taskbar without any hitches my toolbar, safe search and vault ARE NOT showing upon me browsing the internet, i have checked google chrome and it shows under extentions as running fine, i even checked it to insure it is running fine through me nss under identity and EVERYTHING shows as running fine but everything is NOT showing up upon me browsing the web??? I have even gone through disabling it and renabling it through google chromes extensions it shows running fine everytime but its NOT showing upon me opening up google chrom, ideas??? I'm at ropes end with this nss over the last few weeks, it use to run absolutely fine with NO troubles up until these last few weeks, and every since it seem to work or part of it works then another part doesn't, then it works totally again for a couple of weeks and then BANG, iys not working AGAIN, MOTHER!!!

3 REPLIES
Posted by
Security Expert

Message 2 of 4

Hi gman13,

Within Chrome, open a new tab and click on the Norton checkmark icon in the header on the left hand side - did your toolbar etc show up?

With the tool bar present, if you hit the X on the left hand end of the toolbar, it will hide it and clicking on the Icon mentioned above will have ti reappear.

There may be other methods to make it reappear, but since I only use Chrome when there is a quesion on this forum about it - it's the only one I know.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
Contributor

Message 3 of 4

"Within Chrome, open a new tab and click on the Norton checkmark icon in the header on the left hand side", there is nothing showing on the left hand side at all. The "only" thing i have showing is the "norton protection on" symbol on the right hand side of google chrome.

Funny thing is it was all of a sudden working the last 2 days on now i get on today and its not working again, this just completely baffles me.....

Posted by
Security Expert

Message 4 of 4

gman13 wrote:

"Within Chrome, open a new tab and click on the Norton checkmark icon in the header on the left hand side", there is nothing showing on the left hand side at all. The "only" thing i have showing is the "norton protection on" symbol on the right hand side of google chrome.

Funny thing is it was all of a sudden working the last 2 days on now i get on today and its not working again, this just completely baffles me.....

OK - so I was holding the rock in the wrong hand Smiley Sad  I did in fact mean the Norton Icon on the top right hand side. My bad - sorry.

I just went back through what I wrote above and it did not work - but closing the Google page I had showing and hittin refresh on the New Tab brought the toolbar back - very strange results indeed.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon