New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Norton Suite

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 1 of 7

Yesterday i got the notice that my Norton suite had to be renewed. Good luck on that. When I removed Norton, as directed, then downloaded the "new" suite from Norton/Xfinity site, I sued the provided code but Norton refused the code. BTW, good luck on the telephone number provided, I finally hung up after 35 minutes of listening to their horrible "music" and them droning on about holding on. You can only take so much. I got online chat, obviously in India, and was told that their "server was having problems" and would be up and running in 24hrs. If you believe that I have a bridge in Brooklyn for you.

What is going on? Is Comcast and Norton in some form of dispute or negotiaton over their security suite? Something fishy is going on here.

6 REPLIES
Posted by
Bronze Problem Solver

Message 2 of 7
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 3 of 7

Welcome_to_Post wrote:

Nah, it's just a glitch.  More info here:  http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Anti-Virus-Software-Internet/Info-for-customers-receiving-cautions-that...

-------------------------------------------------------------

OK went to that link and even tried clicking on the purported video--it doesn't work. Again something fishy is going on. As to the other link to the Comcast expert. I tried that yesterday. Yes, you get quick chat. Obviously in India, but the only thing they could tell me was that they were having "server problems", I've heard that so many times before. Supposely it will be fixed in "24 hrs". I'll try again tomorrow but can only hope. In the meantime, I have to use Windows Defender. Being a cynic, I suspect that something is going on between Comcast and Norton--it's usually about money.

Posted by
New Poster
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 4 of 7

I've spoken with Comcast.....no help, and with Norton....no help.  Yesterday they told me it would be fixed in 24 hours, today I was told to wait ANOTHER 24 hours.  This is BS!!  It's probably time to contact the State AG and put in yet another complaint about the monopoly Comcast!

Posted by
Security Expert

Message 5 of 7

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Anti-Virus-Software-Internet/Norton-Security-Suite-should-now-be-reacti...

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 6 of 7

I just went through the download and install. NO! the service is not restored. I still have the same problem as before. The activation code is not valid! Where are you getting your info??? Are you shilling for Norton and Comcast???

USAF_E-8_RET wrote:

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Anti-Virus-Software-Internet/Norton-Security-Suite-should-now-be-reacti...

Posted by
Norton Expert

Message 7 of 7

Hi