members

online now

discussions

Norton Security Uninstall

Posted by
New Poster
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 3

I cannot get the norton software from comcast to uninstall. have tried the norton uninstall and the windows 7 control panel software uninstall. What now?

2 REPLIES
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 2 of 3

There's are two tools for removing Norton. 

Only one is designed specifically for Comcast/Xfinity customers to use for removal of Norton

https://support.norton.com/sp/en/us/home/current/solutions/kb20080710133834EN_EndUserProfile_en_us

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the link for the other Norton removal tool: https://support.norton.com/sp/en/us/home/current/solutions/v60392881_EndUserProfile_en_us

Notice how similar it is. But the page specifies: Norton products that are provided by the service providers like Comcast or Deutsche Telekom, are NOT removed by this tool.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<--> U.S. Navy Vietnam Era veteran. You're welcome. <-->
Posted by
Security Expert

Message 3 of 3

Some behind the scene info - the RnR was revamped and updated to version 4.X back in October 2016.  There has been on-going discussions with Norton ever since about getting the correct info updated in the support articles. 

The info sighted by L1ngus in

https://support.norton.com/sp/en/us/home/current/solutions/v60392881_EndUserProfile_en_us

was partially corrected as requested. It did in fact incude information to use the Remove Only function of the RnR tool for ISP proivded users of Norton, however it failed to delete the lead-in info.

Lead-in states

◦Norton products that are provided by the service providers like Comcast or Deutsche Telekom, are not removed by this tool. Download and run the Norton Removal Tool.

While Step 5 states:

5.Click Remove & Reinstall.

You may see the Remove Only button if your Norton product is from your service provider. Click Remove Only.

Since I saw that article was updated recently (02/03/2017) I have contacted Norton again this morning in regards togettin the correct info in the support article.

The following link is for Comcast Norton Security Suite users and the info is correct:

https://support.norton.com/sp/en/us/home/current/solutions/kb20091202133639EN_EndUserProfile_en_us?a...

Hopefully this clears up some of the confusion over the RnR Tool vs the Norton Removal Tool - either tool can be used to successfully remove your Norton Product.  There are differences between these two tools and what they do and what they are to be used for.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon