members

online now

discussions

Norton Security Suite

Posted by
Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 2

My computer lost all its drivers and has been repaired and in working condition. However, I cannot get Norton to work or even to uninstall it and reload it through Comcast support center. Keep getting the following message:  "Crogram Files (x86) Norton Security Suite/Engine/22.9.0.68/uistub.exe" Unspecified Error.  Does this error reading explain why I am having problems? And, also, would like to know what I can do to fix this??

1 REPLY
Posted by
Security Expert

Message 2 of 2

Hi susiemaxey,

The following link contains instructions for Error 8504, 104 and a.though you have not seen this specific error it is tied to the "uistub.exe unspecified error" situation.  Plese give it a try:

https://support.norton.com/sp/en/us/home/current/solutions/v62545568_EndUserProfile_en_us?

You stated you lost all drivers - the last part of the above suggestion includes updating your video drivers - not sure which drivers were "repaired/reinstalled, so you may want to ask who ever repaired your system about video drivers. 

Please let us know how things go.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon