members

online now

discussions

Norton Security Suite will not activate

SOLVED
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 1 of 5

After downloading norton security suite from comcast I am not able to activate. When I try to activate I get the message "Unable to Proceed, We were unable to complete activation of your upgraded product." This leaves my computer unprotected, please help!

4 REPLIES
Posted by
Security Expert

Message 2 of 5

Hi ebjohnsoned,

First try the following:

https://support.norton.com/sp/en/us/home/current/solutions/v113839121_EndUserProfile_en_us

If no joy, please let us know the circumstances surrounding this situation.  Did you have another antivirus program installed (including a retail copy of Norton) prior to installing Norton from Comcast? 

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 3 of 5

As soon as I got your message I made sure that I had selected a browser (Chrome) as my default browser and as I suspected Chrome had been selected as my default browser. I then checked my Norton ISS and to my surprise my old Norton was back, I knew this because it showed that I had 26 days remaining on my subscription. The reason that this was a surprise was that before I installed Norton from Comcast I followed the instructions to the letter. I uninstalled Norton from the control panel and then I ran the Norton removal tool to remove any traces of the software that might have been left behind. I then downloaded the free Norton ISS from Comcast and this is when I ran into the activation problem. I will go through this process once more sometime in the next few days and let you know how that goes.

Thanks,

Ed 

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 4 of 5
Solution

Boy is my face red. I just realized that the computer I checked to see if I could get my Xfinity/Norton Security Suite activated was my desktop on which I hadn't made the conversion from my Norton retail subscription to the free Norton from Xfinity. So please ignore my last post, I guess I forgot that I have two computers. The rest of the story is that today I went on my laptop, the computer that I was having the trouble with getting Norton to activate. I was able to activate Norton without a problem. My guess is that when I was trying to get Norton to actvate the other day there must have been a problem with the Norton server communications, bottom line, problem solved. 

Posted by
Security Expert

Message 5 of 5

Glad all is now well.  In the future, if you suspect a server error - check out this link:

https://status.norton.com/

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon