Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Norton 360 wants me to activate the product after I already activated it?

SOLVED
Posted by
Visitor
Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 4

I have had Norton 360 installed on my windows 7 computer for several months now.  It has been chugging along happily.  We are subscribed to Comcast obviously.  Suddenly it says my security is disconnected and I need to reactivate my subscription.  Huh?  I have only had it on the computer for about 5-6 months I think.  Is this a regular occurence?  If so what triggers it? 

I see a lot of people on the forum have had trouble with downloads, etc., and some of them seem related to upgrading to Windows 10, but I have mad absolutely no changes on the desktop. 

Anyone got a clue what is up with this?  I need to resolve it soon or just ditch the Norton and get a virus program.

Thx

3 REPLIES
Posted by
Security Expert

Message 2 of 4
Solution

Hi LC_ and welcome to the forums,

First of all see the following link for a possible solution and be sure to tell them you are a Comcast Customer.

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Anti-Virus-Software-Internet/Info-for-customers-receiving-cautions-that...

How does this happen?  Since Comcast controls the license for your Norton, they periodically run a check to verify thagt you are still a customer.  Sometimes tis verification causes  glitch between Norton's and Comcast's customer data base, in which case a call to Norton Support can clear this up.

Please let us know how things go.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
Visitor
Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 3 of 4

So I took your suggestion and did a chat with Norton.  They logged on real-time and reinstalled Norton and ran a bunch of updates for the program.  That's great.  I assume the activation screen is now banished as long as I am with comcast, but I think it would have been a lot better if I could have just updated Norton, or received a screen telling me so.  Anyway, no more complaining, I am assuming it is fixed.

Posted by
Security Expert

Message 4 of 4

LC thanks for the feedback and glad to hear all is well!

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon