New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Newest Norton 360 (from Comcast) updates crash all MS Office applications.:

Posted by
Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 1 of 2

As of the release of newest patch/updates to Norton 360 from Comcast (i.e., "Constant Guard"), which were applied either at the end of the day on 3/26/17, or at the beginning of the day on 3/27/17, none of the applications in Microsoft Office Home & Student 2013 will open.  Instead, a dialogue box opens saying "The operating system is not configured to run this application", no matter which MS Office application you try.  Reinstalling Office did not fix this.  Uninstalling Norton did.  After removing Norton, all Office applications went back to opening and working normally.  Therefore, to Symantec/Norton: You must correct your most recent patches/updates to Norton so your suite does not reconfigure the Windows 10 operating system in any way that conflicts with running any other valid software including, of course, Microsoft Office 2013.  Please send out a notification once Norton has been corrected.

1 REPLY
Posted by
Security Expert

Message 2 of 2

Hi brianko,

Norton was aware of this situationa and have in fact corrected it - please see the following from a Norton Admin on the Norton Forums.  Scrollng up from that post will give you some background:

https://community.norton.com/en/comment/7409131#comment-7409131

Bottom line, if not already corrected - run manual LiveUpdate.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon