Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Mac OS 10.12.4 - Norton Utilities

Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 4

When I upgraded to Mac OS 10.12.4 the Safari browser stopped working properly. Took computer to Apple store and they said Norton was the problem and removed the software - problem solved. Figured there was some sort of corruption in the old software. Downloaded the Comcast version but it would not install. Contacted tech support and they did a total removal of Norton and a new installation. Now the original problem with Safari is back so I completely removed Norton again using the "terminal" tool they provided. Would like a working version of Norton Utilities - anyone have ideas?

3 REPLIES
Posted by
Silver Problem Solver

Message 2 of 4

I stopped using Norton because it causes problems with Macs. You really do not need it.

Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 3 of 4

Thanks - Apple also said it is not necessary. But, my son-in-law works at Symantec and urged me to reinstall it as they are seeing more attacks on Macs. He is not trying to sell anything, but he is very close to the current issues with internet security. Norton worked fine on Mac OS 10.12.3 - but not with 10.12.4.

Posted by
Silver Problem Solver

Message 4 of 4

Go to the Apple support forums and look at all the problems Norton causes. You may reconsider.