Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Illegal monitoring web browsing activity

New Poster

Illegal monitoring web browsing activity

I have reason to believe roommate monitors my webbrowsing activity, he uses my wifi. There are apps that allow someone to intercept anyone's browser activity w/smart phone. Can Comcast determine that a device in household is receiving/intercepting roommates browsing activity? Can Comcast see apps everyone uses? Are these activities available to person/me who name is account holder? How long Comcast keeps activity on record ? Need to know in order to preserve evidence of who's monitors who, what device, time stamps. Is it necessary to get lawer to petition Judge's Court Order for Comcast to provide all net activity of my account ?

Security Expert

Re: Illegal monitoring web browsing activity

Hi ZTIGER2,

I have escalated your thread in hopes an employee will answer it.

As simple solution may be to change your WiFi password and not tell your roommate.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Official Employee

Hi ZTIGER2, changing your password for your Wi-Fi can do the trick. You can also create a secondary username on your account and give him/he permission to use your public hot spot if they need internet access. But if you would like us to look further into what is going on we will need to notify our network security team, please send me a private message with your full name, street address, and account number by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then "private message me" and we can get started.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
New Poster

Still want to know if Comcast keeps activity of webbrowsing and which devices went there? How long are records kept? Easy monitor technique see TechWiser on YouTube or TechWiser.com 

Official Employee

Comcast may collect and store your browser history for a period of time. Personally identifiable and non-personally identifiable information about you when you use our high-speed Internet and phone services can be used for sending emails, advertisements etc. For more information on this topic please click here

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.