Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

How do I get rid of Adware and 180Solutions?

Posted by
N/A
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 1 of 4
I have two spyware programs that are being detected by McAfee. One is called Adware; the other is called 180Solutions. McAfee says the files can't be deleted and I have not been able to do it by going into My Computer and trying to remove them manually.

How do I delete these programs?
3 REPLIES
Posted by
Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 2 of 4
I have used Spybot Search & Destroy on several computers, and it works, AND it's free. The man who developed it suggests a donation if you feel it's worth something to you, but you don't have to pay. The program was recommended to me by my IT people or I probably would not have tried it. I noticed spybot.com was listed by one person as one to stay away from. I don't know if that's the same as what I used, but like I said, Spybot Search & Destroy worked for me. I have run it again since I first downloaded it, and it continues to find and destroy problems. But I don't really notice problems any more like I was having--the ads were getting unbearable!
Posted by
Valued Contributor

Message 3 of 4
Try both LavaSoft's Ad-aware and Spybot Search and Destroy. Links are in the first post in this forum (READ THIS FIRST...).
Posted by
Most Valued Poster

Message 4 of 4
Both Lavasoft and Spybot are excellent for getting rid of adware. And both are free. Been where you have been, and thanks to both, which I run weekly, OUT they go. Be sure to read the first post as John D suggested, and good luck. :-)